Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 20 of 275 Posts

· Registered
20,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 2017 Touareg [T3 VW model numbering or T5 Touareg owners' numbering!] is HERE . . .

http://tinyurl.com/pr6kypy

See what you think . . .

· Registered
1,786 Posts

· Learner
MY21 Wolfsburg V6 Moonlight Blue
6,420 Posts
Looks similar to Tiguan.....hmmm

Reactions: Pilot

· Registered
2015 R Line V8
2,979 Posts
almost has a 'Jeep' side profile.

Reactions: Pilot

· Registered
3,789 Posts
Good stuff. Another reason the 2016s are getting discounted.

· Registered
3,789 Posts
This reminds just before the T3 came out...the teaser pics were not the final rendition. Sorta close but nothing like the production model.

· Registered
1,205 Posts
Interesting, I love the idea of a third row option and I love the roof profile better. Something that has always bothered me is I can't sit on the back floor with the hatch open. I actually need a larger vehicle so this is perfect for me as I think the Q7 just looks ugly.
I just hope they don't make four wheel drive optional (as in a front wheel drive as being standard). It doesn't say this but...

· Registered
3,789 Posts
Maybe 3rd row is optional. If so, it's likely tiny.

· Registered
397 Posts
Maybe 3rd row is optional. If so, it's likely tiny.
If the third "row" is like the Q7's third "row", it's a bit of a gimmick to make you think you can seat 7. Unless your sixth and seventh passengers are pre-schoolers.

· Registered
397 Posts

· Registered
3,789 Posts
Good link. Does look like click-bait but the Touareg there looks good.

· Registered
1,786 Posts
If the third "row" is like the Q7's third "row", it's a bit of a gimmick to make you think you can seat 7. Unless your sixth and seventh passengers are pre-schoolers.
That works just fine for my growing brood. I actually want/need a three car seat center row and more storage in the boot. As the eldest grows, she can move to the back split seat and I'll throw a box on the roof.

Still want/need the diesel for towing. And I want our highway runs to be +40mpg (for no other reason than just that it can ;)) and up until diesel-gate I've been proud of the low emissions footprint. Got to believe a diesel /electric would have a great emissions footprint.

I like the looks, even if its in that '60-70s CrossBlue baby blue. Not a fan ;)

· Registered
2015 (2016 MY) Touareg SE 3.0 V6 TDi 262PS
1,420 Posts
Interesting, I love the idea of a third row option and I love the roof profile better. Something that has always bothered me is I can't sit on the back floor with the hatch open. I actually need a larger vehicle so this is perfect for me as I think the Q7 just looks ugly.
I just hope they don't make four wheel drive optional (as in a front wheel drive as being standard). It doesn't say this but...
Any 2wd version would be RWD for Touareg as it's a longitudinal engine, not transverse like the Tiguan.

Without a major increase in wheelbase the Touareg just isn't big enough for 3 rows full-size - but European 7-seaters aren't that big anyway - it's much more a 5+2 arrangement.

1 - 20 of 275 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.