Club Touareg Forum banner

2017 Injector Replace

689 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  AKHTreg 
#1 ·
Hi all. I'm on my second Touareg. My 2012 TDI was super-reliable but high mileage so I turned it in with dieselgate. I have a 2017 Wolfsburg and I like it, but sure liked the diesel better.

I have 60K on it and it started running rough and EPC light came on. Dealer said 3rd valve fuel injector needs to be replaced. When they went to pull the injector apparently part of it is stuck in the engine. To get it out they said they basically need to tear down the engine - which involves dropping the engine, etc. Does this make sense?-I don't think this dealer has worked on too many tregs. so I feel like they kind of figure it out as they go. It doesn't seem like this should be happening at 60K but it is covered under powertrain warranty (first they told me it expired at 60K - I said nope - its 10/100K - they told me I was wrong. I said "look it up and call me back."). It sounds like it is going to take them forever to get it done, though (it's already been there 8 days and they said it's going to be "many more" days). I get nervous when someone starts tearing down an engine at 60K, too.

While the engine is out, is there any other preventative maintenance I should have them do? I keep my cars for a long time so don't want to skip anything. Timing belt is the only thing I could think of but I hesitate to add anything because of more delays......Seals, gaskets, plugs, coolant? I do tow a trailer sometimes so it is under load.

Any thoughts or suggestions? I appreciate it. I know many of you are more mechanically inclined than me.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.