Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone save me some time and explain how to access the brake fluid reservoir on a 2017 (T3/4) without completely tearing the cowling apart? I’ve searched around and can’t find a quick answer to this. It looks like there should just be a flap that lifts up but that’s not the case.

Car has about 39k on it and was “certified pre-owned” but who knows if the dealer actually checked the fluid level.

Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update to the previous post (not sure how to edit via mobile). I just cut the two thin pieces of plastic on the edges of the slotted “flap” covering the reservoir. Not sure if this is the correct way to but it seems that was the intention from VW’s design.

I assumed it would have already been cut since this was a CPO car, I would’ve thought checking all fluid levels would be part of a CPO inspection. Doubtful it was ever looked at....

Mods feel free to delete the thread if you see no value of this.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
You are not the first to ask this question and from the sound of things you did the correct cut!

The first brake fluid change is due when the car is three years old and thereafter the fluid change is due every two years.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Appreciate it. Getting ready to go on a road trip and will be towing a boat so I’m just checking that everything’s good to go.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Has anyone used DOT 5.1 brake fluid in their Treg or should I stick with DOT4LV? I know DOT5 is silicone based and not considered hydroscopic so from what I've read I don't think it would be good to use it. Any thoughts/ideas would be appreciated.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts