Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2016 MY17 V6 TDI Canyon Gray Metallic
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know on many cars there is a reset function for the electric widows Auto up and down function .. my drivers side goes up and down as per operation / release of the switch, it goes down automatically but not up. My question is there a reset function or is it a fault thanks

·
Super Moderator
2015 R Line V8
2,878 Posts
Try this

Reactions: New2Tregs

·
Registered
2011 VR6 FSI LUX
2,034 Posts
I know on many cars there is a reset function for the electric widows Auto up and down function .. my drivers side goes up and down as per operation / release of the switch, it goes down automatically but not up. My question is there a reset function or is it a fault thanks
If the above video doesn't help fix the problem, I have heard that some have had to replace the master window switch ass'y.

·
Registered
2016 MY17 V6 TDI Canyon Gray Metallic
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Steve You are a GURU thanks ..
If the above video doesn't help fix the problem, I have heard that some have had to replace the master window switch ass'y.
Just wanted to try the easy one first thanks.

·
Super Moderator
2015 R Line V8
2,878 Posts

Far from it mate.
However, when you've been around VW stuff for a while, you begin to recognise the common issues ;)

Reactions: Imor2624 and meggsy

·
Registered
2011 VR6 FSI LUX
2,034 Posts

No doubt, let us know if it fixes the problem.

·
Registered
Touareg MY2013 - CRCA
137 Posts
Well the closing/opening window can be messed up. Mine was tricky one. When it reached top, it wen automatically down :D As mentioned above, to reset or learn this: open window -> long press down, closed window -> long pull of button

·
Super Moderator
2015 R Line V8
2,878 Posts
I had the same issue. Fix is the easy one...just disconnect battery and leave it disconnected for like 10-15mins. I had this issue on driver side. When the window reached top, it went immediately down for 5-10cm.
That is not easy if you consider where the battery is.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts