Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Back on board again since 2014 got my Rok and LOVE IT however for the new van it does not have enough power so coming back to the best car around for the $$$$$$$$
Just wondering if anyone has heard any rumours of a NEW R Line V8 coming out in 2017 or 2018.

I know the V6 is on the way but have also been hearing that VW are no longer going to produce a V8.

For my Van I need a LOT of grunt.

I though I would throw it out there as so many of you worldwide hear things that the general populace never get to know until it is on top of you.

Tez :laugh:

·
Learner
4,715 Posts
Unsure if there will be a v8 in future.
I could be selling mine in 2 yrs so you could have that :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
OMG surely not. They've only just started them!!! (BTW does anyone know how many V8 Diesel Touaregs have been sold in Oz so far?)

·
Registered
857 Posts
Is not the twin turbo 3.0 ltr V6 TDI the replacement engine? I thought the V8 TDI did not meet Euro 6 specs.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah that's what I heard too however someone somewhere said that was the V10.

God I hope they don't I am going to be in deep sh*t if they do

·
Learner
4,715 Posts
Yeah that's what I heard too however someone somewhere said that was the V10.

God I hope they don't I am going to be in deep sh*t if they do
Why Tezza

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
At the very least that will have to be a tree for each cylinder just in case VW are fiddling the emissions yet again!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
new van

Why Tezza
Getting a new van in 2018 for my retirement and intend to travel this great land of ours.

28ft going to need a load of power to pull this thing. a V6 will do it but I would rather have more than just adequate

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Phoned VWA this morning and directly asked the question;

Whilst the chap (very nice young man) could not answer me directly he did say there would be an announcement in Q2 of 2017
Seems promising in this case. I would assume if this being the case they will use the Q7 engine.

Roll on May 2017 just in time for my Birthday :)

·
Learner
4,715 Posts
Phoned VWA this morning and directly asked the question;

Whilst the chap (very nice young man) could not answer me directly he did say there would be an announcement in Q2 of 2017
Seems promising in this case. I would assume if this being the case they will use the Q7 engine.

Roll on May 2017 just in time for my Birthday
Yep v6 is good but always good to have more grunt!
Hopefully they will have a v8, if not then a current model should be available, even if slightly used

·
Registered
42 Posts
Just read a short write up on the 2017 SQ7 (sorry cant remember where). It has a 4L Tri Turbo Diesel with outputs above the 4.2.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts