Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, plan to be doing a good bit of reading on these forums. Recently purchased a new to me Touareg, so far loving the vehicle but a little different then a 1972 bug (that would be the last VW I owned several years ago). Hoping for a long term relationship with this vehicle, time will tell. Will be learning how to maintain a car that is clearly smarter than I am, positive there will be days I long for the carbureted air cooled engine of old, very glad to find this site.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I am...positive there will be days I long for the carbureted air cooled engine of old...
Only if you are a masochist ;) Comfort, reliability, safety, convenience, and even maintenance have come a long ways. I don't miss needing to replace condensers and gap points far too often :)

Welcome to the family!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wouldn't call it masochism per say, granted the old engines needed a good bit of tinkering but once you were familiar with them you could pretty much rebuild the thing on a weekend on a gravel driveway if necessary and still have a dollar or two in the wallet. Those days are gone, can already say along with all the other stuff I never knew I needed, a VW with air conditioning and an actual working heater is pretty cool. As I said loving the Touareg so far drives amazingly just a bit of apprehension on all the new computer controlled everything that will eventually require attention, and cannot accept not having a dipstick, already have one that I don't leave in but can use to check the level and condition. Some of us are slow to adapt to change but I am finally here, maybe a few years behind 2019 but at least in the same century.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wouldn't call it masochism per say, granted the old engines needed a good bit of tinkering but once you were familiar with them you could pretty much rebuild the thing on a weekend on a gravel driveway if necessary and still have a dollar or two in the wallet. Those days are gone, can already say along with all the other stuff I never knew I needed, a VW with air conditioning and an actual working heater is pretty cool. As I said loving the Touareg so far drives amazingly just a bit of apprehension on all the new computer controlled everything that will eventually require attention, and cannot accept not having a dipstick, already have one that I don't leave in but can use to check the level and condition. Some of us are slow to adapt to change but I am finally here, maybe a few years behind 2019 but at least in the same century.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
2 Participants
weirleigh
Club Touareg Forum
We’re the online community for Volkswagen Touareg owners to share knowledge about their VW Touareg Sport Utility Vehicles and more!
Full Forum Listing