Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took delivery of a new TDI Executive on Monday, November 2 @ 4PM EST.

Is this the last Touareg TDI delivered before the stop sale order went into effect?

It replaced a 2013 TDI Exec that is likely the largest paperweight on the dealer's lot now. ;)

PS - The CT site doesn't list 2016 as an option in the user profile section

·
Registered
53 Posts
I sold my 2012 TDI back to my dealer because no one would take it on trade. And mind you this is before they included the Touareg as part of the scandal.

The dealer had it listed for 3 weeks and reduced the price 3 times. Then then the announcement came out about the 3.0 tdi and the listing disappeared along with other tdi's in the area.

If they couldn't get a 2.0 with adblue to run clean, what makes me think they were able to get the 3.0 to burn clean? Hence my logic to dump it and run.

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
I want to join this exclusive club!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
107 Posts
I got mine October 24, replacing a 2007 V10.

I'm loving it. I feel like I dodged a bullet and got this thing JUST in time. I was able to get the $2000 owner loyalty, $1000 dealer cash from VW credit, .9% interest rate and a price below dealer invoice!

·
Registered
254 Posts
I wonder if you can order a new 2016 Touareg? Liekrish, what do mean by "sold" back to the dealer? Was it a lease return or a trade in on a new vehicle?

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
Ask your dealer. Seriously. One dealer told me this morning there is no 'stop-sale' on the 2016s. I am not making this up...so I am going to check it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
399 Posts
I got mine October 24, replacing a 2007 V10.

I'm loving it. I feel like I dodged a bullet and got this thing JUST in time. I was able to get the $2000 owner loyalty, $1000 dealer cash from VW credit, .9% interest rate and a price below dealer invoice!
Ditto here. I got mine on Halloween. :twisted: What a great car, and the 2015/2016 refresh is nice. But JimBuffalo getting his @ 4 pm on November 2nd? Bow Down I do hope the embargoed 2016 TDIs will be released soon so that they may find a home and enjoyed.

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
My dealer here in Wa.( Chaplins VW) confirmed the "no sale" on 2016 Treg. He said he just found out about it today.
Crazy. I went to a dealer today and the 2016s were still on sale. I later checked area dealers and some do have 16s for sale; some do not. The salesperson confirmed with the manager that it was still okay to sell them. Crazy!!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Crazy. I went to a dealer today and the 2016s were still on sale. I later checked area dealers and some do have 16s for sale; some do not. The salesperson confirmed with the manager that it was still okay to sell them. Crazy!!
Wait till they try to finance one through VW Finance!

·
Registered
3,836 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Probably the time to buy. According to one article VW is having to help their dealers pay for inventory they have but cannot sell. VW is supposedly paying the interest on the loans, as well as other dealer assistance. As in stocks, buy on the bad news sell on the good.

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
Probably the time to buy. According to one article VW is having to help their dealers pay for inventory they have but cannot sell. VW is supposedly paying the interest on the loans, as well as other dealer assistance. As in stocks, buy on the bad news sell on the good.
Agree on buying on bad news but even I am waiting until there is more clarity regarding the 3.0. Was a great time to buy up to November 2, the deals were great and VW was assisting dealers, too. I was just getting a little serious and then the stop-sale was invoked.

In due time, the 3.0 should get a reprieve (my $0.02). Its likely VW will be ratcheting up the incentives, etc. when this occurs.

·
Registered
399 Posts
In due time, the 3.0 should get a reprieve (my $0.02). Its likely VW will be ratcheting up the incentives, etc. when this occurs.
+1.

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
Test drove a '16 Exec today. Did not have a wheel lock. In fact, none of the '16s on the lot have wheel locks. Do you guys with '16s have the wheel lock?

·
Registered
399 Posts
Test drove a '16 Exec today. Did not have a wheel lock. In fact, none of the '16s on the lot have wheel locks. Do you guys with '16s have the wheel lock?
What do you mean by wheel lock?

·
Super Moderator
3,813 Posts
security wheel bolts requiring a key to undo...personally I think they are a waste of time, when was the last time somebody left a Touareg sitting on blocks?? Who would want a set of 5 x 130 rims, unless you have some impoverished Cayenne owners living nearby.........

Stuart...

Reactions: Pilot

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
Stuart, my 2012 came with it as did my 2007. It is a deterrent and I like it. Noticed today that it is not on the 2016 at all...was looking for it next to spare and the slot was empty.

Here is the part number from parts.vw.com:

Costs $88 retail.

Did enjoy my test drive...

1 - 20 of 70 Posts