Club Touareg Forum banner

61 - 80 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Does anyone have the label file for the ABS unit? I'm interested what every bit does since I need to activate ACC.
AFAIK there is no label file put out by Ross-Tech, or even VW as they no longer use long coding, but SVM (software version management).

Hi All
Has anyone found a way to change the speed at which the air suspension automatically lowers from the offroad higher setting?
Cheers
Brian
The speed limits are hard-coded in the software, and unchangeable IIRC. Even in ODIS/VASPC there are no values to change. Why do you want to change the speed?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Is there an option through VAG com for enabling the "coming home" feature to work without me having to flash my high beams everytime I turn off the vehicle? Seems strange that I need to do that in order for this feature to work on my 2016 TDI Lux.

Thanks,

Jason

·
Registered
471 Posts
Is there an option through VAG com for enabling the "coming home" feature to work without me having to flash my high beams everytime I turn off the vehicle? Seems strange that I need to do that in order for this feature to work on my 2016 TDI Lux.
Leave your lights on Auto, or at least put them to Auto before you shut off the car.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Leave your lights on Auto, or at least put them to Auto before you shut off the car.

Chewy, my headlamp switch is always on Auto, the coming home option is set to 30 seconds. The “coming home” option will only illuminate if I flash my high beams prior to opening the door once the vehicle has been turned off.

As an example, I pull into my parking spot at night, switch on auto. Turn off the car, open the door, no “coming home” headlamps.

If I do the same process but after turning off the car I flash the high beams then open the door, the headlamps will stay on for 30 seconds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
466 Posts

Thanks,

Jason

The video below explains how. It works on my '11, hopefully it'll work on your '16. It's @ the :33 mark.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Chewy, my headlamp switch is always on Auto, the coming home option is set to 30 seconds. The “coming home” option will only illuminate if I flash my high beams prior to opening the door once the vehicle has been turned off.

As an example, I pull into my parking spot at night, switch on auto. Turn off the car, open the door, no “coming home” headlamps.

If I do the same process but after turning off the car I flash the high beams then open the door, the headlamps will stay on for 30 seconds.

Very strange. on my 2015, if they switch is in auto and it's dark out, the lights will stay on for 30 seconds when I leave the car. They will also illuminate for 30 seconds when I press the unlock button as I approach the car. Sounds like a setting is disabled on yours.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Very strange. on my 2015, if they switch is in auto and it's dark out, the lights will stay on for 30 seconds when I leave the car. They will also illuminate for 30 seconds when I press the unlock button as I approach the car. Sounds like a setting is disabled on yours.

Strangely though the “leaving home” option works fine. If it’s dark enough outside and I open the car via remote, the lights will illuminate for 30 seconds. Just the “coming home” feature is strange.

Oh well. Thank you for your help and suggestions. I appreciate it very much.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Let us know if you figure it out or if any of the suggestions helped to resolve it.

I will. As soon as I’m able to grab the vagCom from work, I will look at the coding you posted and see if that helps.

Thanks again!

·
Learner
4,660 Posts
Let us know if you figure it out or if any of the suggestions helped to resolve it.

I will. As soon as I’m able to grab the vagCom from work, I will look at the coding you posted and see if that helps.

Thanks again!

Scan 09, appears your configuration has to be changed

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Dig into your coding.... you can configure to have various lights used for DRL\coming home\leaving home etc..... I suspect your coding has been changed to use high beams or something like that.... you should be able to revert back or set it to fogs or whatever you want to use.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I don't know if anyone has done this one yet on the T3/T4 but assuming you have ACC, you should be able to enable the self start after short stop. This comes from A6 forums. It took a while for me to finally track down who else in the VW world was playing with the ACC.

13 - Auto Distance Regulator
16 - Security Access (Code is 91153)
10 - Adaption
Select "Driving off without driver trigger after short stop"

This gets the car starting again from a tap of a stalk or if within the 3 second short stop, it will restart and move. This has been my best mod for NY traffic I was sick of tapping the petal in stop-go traffic. Also, if you tap the stalk after stop and there's still a car in front of you, this will extend the time that the car will be willing to self start again I believe by 12 seconds each tap of the stalk.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I don't know if anyone has done this one yet on the T3/T4 but assuming you have ACC, you should be able to enable the self start after short stop. This comes from A6 forums. It took a while for me to finally track down who else in the VW world was playing with the ACC.

10 - Adaption

This gets the car starting again from a tap of a stalk or if within the 3 second short stop, it will restart and move. This has been my best mod for NY traffic I was sick of tapping the petal in stop-go traffic. Also, if you tap the stalk after stop and there's still a car in front of you, this will extend the time that the car will be willing to self start again I believe by 12 seconds each tap of the stalk.
This was already enabled on my EU 2012.
Great feature in stop start traffic.

·
Registered
466 Posts
And yet nobody has been able to figure out how to change the comfort blinks from the pre-programmed 3 blinks on a T3.

·
Learner
4,660 Posts

10 - Adaption

Thanks for sharing this, had been thinking about doing this, made it easy!

61 - 80 of 94 Posts