41 - 60 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
09-Cent. Elect. - Tear wipe, Lights On Warning, Various light changes
Security code: 20113
[Coding - 07] -> Long Coding Helper:

Byte 3
Bit 2 – LED remain the same brightness (1 = Active)
And what does this do exactly? What does 'LED remain the same brightness' mean?

·
Registered
495 Posts
Hi, Has anyone figured out how to change the comfort signal blinks from 3 to 5 on the T3 yet. It seems to be as elusive as Bigfoot.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've done a few of these mods on my 2015 TDI and now i got the "Check SAFELOCK" message after i remove the key from ignition.
Looks like it could be linked to the remote comfort opening mod...?
I've tried and you are really lock in the car if someone is left in it and you lock the doors, the inside handles dont open the doors (even if you pull 2x or more).
This can be a bit dangerous and would like to remove that fonction that was activated somewhere in the mod process, which i, have no idea where.
Thanks
Has anyone else experienced the same? Has to do with comfort opening mod?
I ran into the same issue, this is due to the automatic door locking - display the option in the car settings. It was set to enable but not showing in my vehicle and, displaying the option triggered that warning every time I would turn the car off. Just put it back to hidden and change the setting in the VCDS if you prefer enabled/disabled but don't want to see the warning.

17-Instruments - Seatbelt Chime, Auto Door Lock Display, GPS Time
[07-Coding] - Long Coding - Byte 0 Seat Belt Warning active/inactive

[Adaptation 10] - Drop Down List-> Select and change:
-Source for Synchronization of time - Select Manual or GPS
-Automatic door locking – displays the options on the Car settings menu.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hello All,

I need your help, since I've retrofitted to my T3 2015 memory seats, now I want to be able to also use the keyfob to use the different positions, for this I know that i have to code my RCD550 to know about the memory function. Does anyone know the byte that i have to change to have this options displayed in my RCD550?

Thank you!

·
Registered
598 Posts
Anyone know if a 2013 Exec has a way to enable:

remote start
sport shift schedule
paddle shift
volt gauge
oil pressure
oil temp
trans temp
down shift gear skip (downshift from 6th to 4th or 3rd for deceleration from cruise)

·
Registered
494 Posts

remote start
volt gauge
oil pressure
oil temp
trans temp
None of these exist.

sport shift schedule
paddle shift
down shift gear skip (downshift from 6th to 4th or 3rd for deceleration from cruise)
Sport shift = put shifter into "S"
Paddle shift = press the paddles to enter "manual mode"
down shift gear skip = floor it. If I'm in 8,7,6,5 and I floor it, it will drop 2-3 gears if RPMs allow.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
down shift gear skip = floor it. If I'm in 8,7,6,5 and I floor it, it will drop 2-3 gears if RPMs allow.
Nah.... I think he's trying to pretend his got a real stick instead of a slushbox and SKIP a few gears....

He could slap the transmission into manual mode and simply downshift several times to achieve his deceleration.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
x2 on using Tiptronic.

Over the past 10 years on these forums I've formed the strong impression that people rarely - if ever - use this function to set up/control their car in certain situations and that can apply to low speed manoeuvres as well as setting the car up nicely for high speed bends.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
x2 on using Tiptronic.

Over the past 10 years on these forums I've formed the strong impression that people rarely - if ever - use this function to set up/control their car in certain situations and that can apply to low speed manoeuvres as well as setting the car up nicely for high speed bends.
Most people barely know how to use the "standard" functions and controls of today's vehicles..... they just get in a drive.... and then scramble to locate buttons, turn on lights\wipers, etc.

I found manual mode quite handy while towing to "override" the TCM trying to keep me in a lower gear...... it's great to have options.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Tiptronic in my T2 had too much delay to be at all useful. In my T3, it works much better. I use manual mode exclusively in winter traffic driving as I can use engine braking to decelerate without having to lock up the wheels on ice. And all launches on ice and snow are done in M2 gear, with a quick upshift to M3. I leave everyone behind!

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
You make my point perfectly! Intelligent use of an auto box.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I rarely use the tiptronic function, but do use the "blip" downshift feature a lot. Quick tap on the throttle while coasting/braking will drop a gear or two. If actively braking, it will hold pretty high revs and add a lot of engine braking. Much more confidence inspiring in the snow than relying on brakes alone!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hi there. Just looking to disable the led “wink” when the turn signals are applied. I see that info in the first post but I’m not sure on how to disable that. Says bit 7 - turn off led strip with indicator (1=active) what is the number for inactive?

Thanks!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hi there. Just looking to disable the led “wink” when the turn signals are applied. I see that info in the first post but I’m not sure on how to disable that. Says bit 7 - turn off led strip with indicator (1=active) what is the number for inactive?

Thanks!
Not positive on your model, but (0) zero is usually the off or inactive command on earlier models.

·
Registered
124 Posts
2016 tdi Lux. Thanks!
Sorry. Meant that I am not sure that it works the same on your model year. I know that this coding works on my '14.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi All
Has anyone found a way to change the speed at which the air suspension automatically lowers from the offroad higher setting?
Cheers
Brian

41 - 60 of 94 Posts