Club Touareg Forum banner

21 - 40 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
Anyone tried installing the auto-hold switch on a 2016? Wonder if coding is the same as the 2012.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Safe lock message.

I've done a few of these mods on my 2015 TDI and now i got the "Check SAFELOCK" message after i remove the key from ignition.
Looks like it could be linked to the remote comfort opening mod...?
I've tried and you are really lock in the car if someone is left in it and you lock the doors, the inside handles dont open the doors (even if you pull 2x or more).
This can be a bit dangerous and would like to remove that fonction that was activated somewhere in the mod process, which i, have no idea where.
Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
No it is not, at least in US. See my post #11 and the OP's post #1. You'll need VCDS software and cable to effect these changes.

Is this option enabled already? Sounds like it is from what I've been reading? If so, I haven't been able to figure it out.

·
Registered
3,836 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
To get the sunroof to open fully rather than tilt via the key fob try:
46-Central Conv.> Adaptation – 10>Channel 61> New value 1755>Test>Save>Done, Go Back

·
Registered
46 Posts
It's been a long while since I posted anything but I have traded my trusty 2005 V8 'Reg for a new one late last year, so now I have a list of mods that I made on my 2016 TDI Lux that think would be of interest to everyone with a late model T3 'Reg.

I still have a wish list, so if anyone knows how to code these, I would love to hear about it:

Retain steering wheel heat setting
Auto closing (without having to touch the indentation on the door handle)
Rain Closing of windows and sunroof
Oil Temp Display
Parking brake release without seatbelt on
Battery Status Display
Enable Google Map

So, here goes the list of tested mods listed in order of the control modules. These all work on my 2016 TDI Lux.

I collected these from many different sources, so I am not taking credit for anything more than to list them in one place.

02-Auto Trans – Enable Gear Display

[Coding - 07] -> Long Coding Helper -> Byte 1
Change Byte 1 from 00000010 to 00000101 (Hex 02 to 05)

Original code: 01 02 00 00 0C 00 84 00000000000000000000000000
New Code: 01 05 00 00 0C 00 84 00000000000000000000000000

The transmission needs to be reset for this change to take effect.

Reset transmission:
1. Selector in P
2. Ignition on, no start
3. Accelerator to floor for 30 seconds
4. Release accelerator
5. Ignition off
6. Lock doors
7. Unlock doors
03-ABS Brakes – Enable Auto Hold

First, need to replace the parking brake switch in the center console with a European version, P/N: 7P1 927 225A

This can be easily bought from European e-bay sites for about $30 plus shipping. Note: the illumination of the switch is red, not white.
Replacing it is pretty simple. It is a direct plug-in, there are several detailed descriptions on how to do it with pictures on VW sites.

Then the following coding change needs to be made:

[Coding - 07] - Byte 16 – Change “01110011” to “01110111” from “73” to “77” in binary.

Original code: 5B 76 13 C3 49 24 6F 57 DA FA C8 93 92 D6 F6 60 73 01
New Code: 5B 76 13 C3 49 24 6F 57 DA FA C8 93 92 D6 F6 60 77 01
[/FONT]
Some questions, I'm glad you've listed the part number thanks so much. I just got VCDS up and running and a cable and I definitely want to do this modification. However I can't see any guide on how you detach the old button and fit the new one? is it clipped in?

I'm just hesitant to order it, as its $68 US dollars +shipping and $98 from VW directly, I cannot find one for $30 plus shipping please send me a link if you know one.

Thanks ill wait to hear from you

·
Learner
4,660 Posts
Subscribed. Thanks

·
Registered
45 Posts
uh, with great care, and a set of instructions I found -- let me search through my links to see if I can find it again. Essentially you use a thin plastic spatula thing to pry up the forward, passenger side of the trim, and then use both hands to pull it all the way out, but I don't trust my memory. I'll look for the link now.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Here's the link to the thread, that is specific to this upgrade.
Page 7 of the thread gave me the confidence to remove the trim on an expensive vehicle. As with any automotive plastic, ONLY do it when it's at least 65 or 70 degrees - much easier to work with. The center console made terrible noises as I pried it up, and I think I was almost standing over the console to be sure I could pull it straight up. It was one of the first times I was glad I had a set of plastic trim removal tools to get it started.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Here's the link to the thread, that is specific to this upgrade.
Page 7 of the thread gave me the confidence to remove the trim on an expensive vehicle. As with any automotive plastic, ONLY do it when it's at least 65 or 70 degrees - much easier to work with. The center console made terrible noises as I pried it up, and I think I was almost standing over the console to be sure I could pull it straight up. It was one of the first times I was glad I had a set of plastic trim removal tools to get it started.
Great thanks! I have my 2011 Treg (with auto hold switch) parked waiting for the Canadian buy back....judge is signing off on settlement April 5. In the mean time I took possession of a "new" 2016 Touareg TDI comfortline without the auto hold (bummer!!). So my thinking is to switch the 2 switches, do the VAG coding, and voila I should be golden:grin2:! Thanks again Skelly!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Auto hold switch

Installed the auto hold switch from my 2011 on my 2016, did the coding per post #1.....works great:dance:! Easiest part for me was lifting the centre console trim. Open the ash tray, used my fingers to pry the trim starting from the top (ash tray side) and worked my way down. Thanks to NMReg, yuyueyuyue and skelly14:clapclap:!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Great thread, really helped with the current lack of labeled options in VCDS.

Quick question...

On my 2013 T3, I had it set up so that the fogs were the coming home/ leaving home lights (not the headlights), and they would automatically come on when I opened the door (not flashing the brights). I can't seem to figure out how to do this on my 2015 T3. Anyone have any ideas? Most of the options in VCDS are blank and not pre-mapped.

Also looking to see if anyone figured out the Porsche Trans Map mod on the 2015+ as well.

Thanks!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I've done a few of these mods on my 2015 TDI and now i got the "Check SAFELOCK" message after i remove the key from ignition.
Looks like it could be linked to the remote comfort opening mod...?
I've tried and you are really lock in the car if someone is left in it and you lock the doors, the inside handles dont open the doors (even if you pull 2x or more).
This can be a bit dangerous and would like to remove that fonction that was activated somewhere in the mod process, which i, have no idea where.
Thanks
Has anyone else experienced the same? Has to do with comfort opening mod?

21 - 40 of 94 Posts