Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been a long while since I posted anything but I have traded my trusty 2005 V8 'Reg for a new one late last year, so now I have a list of mods that I made on my 2016 TDI Lux that think would be of interest to everyone with a late model T3 'Reg.

I still have a wish list, so if anyone knows how to code these, I would love to hear about it:

Retain steering wheel heat setting
Auto closing (without having to touch the indentation on the door handle)
Rain Closing of windows and sunroof
Oil Temp Display
Parking brake release without seatbelt on
Battery Status Display
Enable Google Map

So, here goes the list of tested mods listed in order of the control modules. These all work on my 2016 TDI Lux.

I collected these from many different sources, so I am not taking credit for anything more than to list them in one place.

02-Auto Trans – Enable Gear Display

[Coding - 07] -> Long Coding Helper -> Byte 1
Change Byte 1 from 00000010 to 00000101 (Hex 02 to 05)

Original code: 01 02 00 00 0C 00 84 00000000000000000000000000
New Code: 01 05 00 00 0C 00 84 00000000000000000000000000

The transmission needs to be reset for this change to take effect.

Reset transmission:
1. Selector in P
2. Ignition on, no start
3. Accelerator to floor for 30 seconds
4. Release accelerator
5. Ignition off
6. Lock doors
7. Unlock doors
03-ABS Brakes – Enable Auto Hold

First, need to replace the parking brake switch in the center console with a European version, P/N: 7P1 927 225A

This can be easily bought from European e-bay sites for about $30 plus shipping. Note: the illumination of the switch is red, not white.
Replacing it is pretty simple. It is a direct plug-in, there are several detailed descriptions on how to do it with pictures on VW sites.

Then the following coding change needs to be made:

[Coding - 07] - Byte 16 – Change “01110011” to “01110111” from “73” to “77” in binary.

Original code: 5B 76 13 C3 49 24 6F 57 DA FA C8 93 92 D6 F6 60 73 01
New Code: 5B 76 13 C3 49 24 6F 57 DA FA C8 93 92 D6 F6 60 77 01

The driver’s seatbelt must be buckled for this mod to work. When the car comes to a complete stop, the brakes stay applied to keep the car stationary without the need for the driver to keep his foot on the brake. Stepping on the accelerator releases the brakes.

08-Auto HVAC - Air Quality Sensor sensitivity, Seat heat retention, Air recirculation in reverse, Manual fan and recirculation setting retention.

[Adaptation 10] -> From the drop-down menu select and adjust:
-Retention of Driver/passenger seat heater level. Default 10 minutes.
-Air recirculation when driving in reverse
-Air quality sensor sensitivity
-Store manual fan setting for terminal 15 off
-Store recirculation setting for terminal 15 off

09-Cent. Elect. - Tear wipe, Lights On Warning, Various light changes
Security code: 20113
[Coding - 07] -> Long Coding Helper:
Byte 1 Bit 3 – Tear Wiping On or Off

Byte 2 Bit 6 – Dim Wink On or Off

Byte 3
Bit 2 – LED remain the same brightness (1 = Active)
Bit 7 – Turn off LED strip with indicator (1 = Active)

Byte 5
Bit 3 - Set to 0 to disable "lights are on" warning when you open the door

Byte 10 Bit 3 – Enable/Disable amber corner lights in front

10-Park/Steer Assist - Park Assist Speed
[Adaptation - 10] – Select Switch-off speed from the drop-down menu for parking assist, set desired new value.

13-Auto Dist. Reg - ACC Distance Selection
[Adaptation - 10] – Select and change “Distance basic setting” from the drop-down menu.
This mod allows the selection of the default distance in the Car Settings menu.

17-Instruments - Seatbelt Chime, Auto Door Lock Display, GPS Time
[07-Coding] - Long Coding - Byte 0 Seat Belt Warning active/inactive

[Adaptation 10] - Drop Down List-> Select and change:
-Source for Synchronization of time - Select Manual or GPS
-Automatic door locking – displays the options on the Car settings menu.

46-Central Conv - Comfort Operation, Key Warning, Remote Key Coding, Open-Close Adaptation codes

[Coding - 07] -> Long Coding Helper -> Byte 9 Bit 7 Enable/Disable Key Warning chime

Comfort Opening/Closing
[Coding - 07] -> Long Coding Helper -> Byte 2 Bit 0 Enable/Disable Comfort Operation. It must be Enabled (unchecked) for the adaptation codes to work.

[Adaptation 10] -> Select/adjust entries from the drop-down menu to configure the keys and various comfort opening/closing options. VCDS has help menus with each configuration’s code.

5F-Information Electr. - Nav and Phone warning msg, WiFi, Green Screen, VIM
Security code: 02002
[Adaptation 10]

To disable NAV & Phone warning messages while entering data at speed change the following:
Channel 2 – Set to 250
Channel 3 – Set to a small number (5)

To enable the Green Screen:
Channel 6 - Change to 1 from 0 then press SETUP + CAR for several seconds.

A few useful setting on the Green Screen menus:
-Adjust the microphone sensitivity: diagnose/settings/tel_settings/Mic sensiblity -> choose -6db/0db/+6db. The default is -6db, I found that 0 db works much better with my iPhone.

-Increase radio play time after car is turned off:
From the main screen select “onofftimer”, set 'Standby delay'.
Default is 10, maximum value is 30 minutes.

- Enable Import CDs to MMI's HD:
main/diagnose/settings/import_multimedia -> Enable "Copy” and/or “Ripping"

Channel 19 – Enable/disable WiFi - does not seem to make any difference.

Enable Video In Motion (VIM):
[Advandced ID - 1A] - Submit the value from the "Serial Number" field into the web address: VIM login-code generator for MMI 3G

Alternate: Use Digits 6, 13, 10, 14, 11 of the Serial number (“-” = “0”)

[Security Access – 16] - Enter the five digit code received from the web address

[Adaptation – 10] - Channel 48 – change to 255 – Reboot RNS

Reboot RNS by simultaneously pressing Phone + Climate + Nav + Traffic + Central Knob.

6D-Trunk Elect. - Tailgate open with trailer, Tailgate open with long push of remote button.
[10 - Adaptation] – From the drop-down menu, select:
- Opening with Trailer Detected and choose Activated
– Activate (4) remote key Tap for closing

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
The Auto Hold is great. The trick is removing the trim to properly access the switch to replace. Interesting this was standard on the 2011 and then removed for later years. It is an excellent feature that should be brought back.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Great post.

I'll add the link to switching off START/STOP as I know quite a few people don't like it!

With this tweak you don't turn it off forever: the switch just remembers the last setting, so . . .

- if you want to switch it off and leave it off the next time you drive the car you can,

or

- if you want to change your mind and switch it back on and leave it on the next time you drive, well, you can do that too!

Oh, and you can reverse the warning light operation as well so it's ON when START/STOP is ON and OFF when it's OFF.

How to disable Start/Stop - myTreg forums

·
Learner
4,645 Posts
Good stuff, thanks!

·
Registered
758 Posts
subscribed

·
Registered
32 Posts
Thanks for this. Just did most of these mods, except I don't seem to be able to get into the green menu. I set channel 6 to 1 and when I press car+setup it just goes to the regular setup menu. I did read back channel 6 to verify it is a 1 and did a reset of the RNS.

Also, Does anyone know how to set "Use fog lights as Daytime Running lamps"? I've done this with other vag cars but the module for this says it has no support for the long coding helper.

·
Registered
54 Posts
The Auto Hold is great. The trick is removing the trim to properly access the switch to replace. Interesting this was standard on the 2011 and then removed for later years. It is an excellent feature that should be brought back.
I have it in my 2012 and it's a great feature even makes u put ur seatbelt on

·
Registered
13 Posts
KT88

Thanks! Great post and I just completed gear display, seat belt chime disable and a few others. The one below did not work too well for me. Disable Comfort Operation was already unchecked. What I found is I had to check the enable Remote and Enable Advanced Key options. I also found out that messing with Adaptation actually kept my windows from opening and closing so I reset those back as they were. The last step was to go into the Car menu, find the new menu item "Vehicle Key" and check the three items Front Windows, Rear Windows and Sliding Roof to enable their operation with the remote via "Press and Hold to open."

46-Central Conv - Comfort Operation, Key Warning, Remote Key Coding, Open-Close Adaptation codes

Comfort Opening/Closing
[Coding - 07] -> Long Coding Helper -> Byte 2 Bit 0 Enable/Disable Comfort Operation. It must be Enabled (unchecked) for the adaptation codes to work.

[Adaptation 10] -> Select/adjust entries from the drop-down menu to configure the keys and various comfort opening/closing options. VCDS has help menus with each configuration’s code.

·
Registered
22 Posts
This thread must be made sticky - without hesitation :). Post gets a thanks! As soon as I am in front of a pc.

I got my 2015 yesterday, and tried fiddling with vagcom based on everything I've learned from my cc and gti. This seems to resemble my cc r-line far more than the mk7 gti. I hope to help you discover some of the ones you're missing, as they are of interest to me too. I've done tons of vagcom tinkering in the last 10 yrs or so, but never on the Touareg.

My '15 is an execline r-line, and a remote starter, so I am additionally interested in:

* whether or not I can re-add hands free hatch open which is deleted on rline
* set memory of seat heater on front *and rear* seats when turning on in the morning
* rain sensing sunroof close
* open roof (not just raiseed) when openimg windows via keyfob.

Thay last one may not be possible, but I threw it out there just in case. My CC didnt have a retractable roof, and I wasn't able to do it on the mk7 gti.

·
Registered
272 Posts
This thread must be made sticky - without hesitation :). Post gets a thanks! As soon as I am in front of a pc.

I got my 2015 yesterday, and tried fiddling with vagcom based on everything I've learned from my cc and gti. This seems to resemble my cc r-line far more than the mk7 gti. I hope to help you discover some of the ones you're missing, as they are of interest to me too. I've done tons of vagcom tinkering in the last 10 yrs or so, but never on the Touareg.

My '15 is an execline r-line, and a remote starter, so I am additionally interested in:

* whether or not I can re-add hands free hatch open which is deleted on rline
* set memory of seat heater on front *and rear* seats when turning on in the morning
* rain sensing sunroof close
* open roof (not just raiseed) when openimg windows via keyfob.

Thay last one may not be possible, but I threw it out there just in case. My CC didnt have a retractable roof, and I wasn't able to do it on the mk7 gti.
seat heater memory can be set in HVAC adaptation.
roof will open with comfort opening, you just need to hold it long enough.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Has anyone made any progress on the oil temperature display?

I'm highly annoyed that I can't figure out how to add this.

I Might try calling Ross-Tec next time I have some time during business hours.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Comfort opening/closing windows/sunroof with remote. Nice to open her up on a hot day before you arrive to drive off .... or to close her up from office window (I'm 20 ft away) if it starts to rain.

No clue as to closing with rain sensor.

What is comfort opening?

Also, does this vehicle close windows if the rain sensor is wet?

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Has anyone made any progress on the oil temperature display?

I'm highly annoyed that I can't figure out how to add this.

I Might try calling Ross-Tec next time I have some time during business hours.
My theory is that the software controlling the driver's MFD has no Oil Temp option to toggle on/off by VCDS. VCDS thinks it does because it was there in earlier model years. But at some point it was removed from the software.

In short: The oil temp data is available but there's no software to display it.

I would welcome being proven wrong.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Comfort opening/closing windows/sunroof with remote. Nice to open her up on a hot day before you arrive to drive off .... or to close her up from office window (I'm 20 ft away) if it starts to rain.
Is this option enabled already? Sounds like it is from what I've been reading? If so, I haven't been able to figure it out.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts
About this Discussion
93 Replies
40 Participants
RocketTech
Club Touareg Forum
We’re the online community for Volkswagen Touareg owners to share knowledge about their VW Touareg Sport Utility Vehicles and more!
Full Forum Listing