Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed an issue with the Bluetooth audio connection and display with the RNS-850. The first song played is the one which stays displayed for title and artist name. If you change the song from your phone or just allow it to continue with your music folder the song changes but not the display to tell you what you are actually listening to. I tried this with an iPhone 6+, iPhone 6s, and 2 different Samsung S6 Edge's. Sometimes when you stop your player on your phone or switch to radio/sat then back to Media Bluetooth the display doesn't display anything about what's playing but it still plays. Anyone else notice this?

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
That stinks. Do not have this issue on my 2012. Works great. The fact you have tested with different phone models and makes makes it a VW issue. Updates are rare for the RNS-850. I would contact VWoA.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is already another issue with the unit in 2016's for voice command. Looks like I'll be informing the dealer of this one too. Enough complaints and calls to the regional service tech's will maybe force the update. How fast they will work on it who knows with the other issue VW is working to correct lol.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts