Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been bored at work, possibly closing in on trading up from 2013 to 2016.

Question: I see on the dealer site that the powertrain warranty is 60/60000

I may be mistaken...but wasn't the 2013 powertrain warranty 10/100000?

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Answered own question...according to KBB, specs for the 2013 were for a 10 year, 100,000 powertrain warranty. According to VW.com, it remains the same on 2016. I'll figure VW website info trumps dealer's

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
Lots of good deals to be had. Good luck on your trade up. Curious...why are you trading up?

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
Are the deals coming up because of the diesel issue (even thou the 3.0 are not involved) or just year end deals?
My $0.02: it's not year-end for the 2016 model, which arrived in late August or so. I believe the aggressive pricing is a direct result of dieselgate. VW needs to move inventory.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I'm in the same boat as JB. There are just to much new cool stuff on the 16 that wasn't on the 13. Only thing holding me up now is the possibility of a better price in the new year.

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
What's cool besides the ventilated seats with adjustable side bolsters? And, the lane change assist, etc. I go back and forth myself on what to do.

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
Push to start, foot operated tailgate,0 miles, new warranty, all for about 17k.
I get it. I have an Exec so push button start was standard. It is enticing. I did have the auto-hold switch installed on mine and LOVE it. That was only standard on 2001 models.

For the Lux, it is a great deal. I feel like my 2012 Exec is like the 2016 Lux.

·
Registered
3,836 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
I see VWfranklin has Lux's advertised for 51k plus or minus. Then you start to think the 017 is a complete redesign? Prices can only go lower I would think as we see the 017. Mark we could do a double buy/trade. I have some feelers out to them.

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
I see VWfranklin has Lux's advertised for 51k plus or minus. Then you start to think the 017 is a complete redesign? Prices can only go lower I would think as we see the 017. Mark we could do a double buy/trade. I have some feelers out to them.
We may not get redesign until 2018 but I am tempted.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I believe that they are getting rid of the brembo fixed calipers in the redesign. That was not good, for me. So I jumped in and bought the 2016 model.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
I believe that they are getting rid of the brembo fixed calipers in the redesign
How would you know that two years out from launch?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Read an article online about the testing of the redesigned model, for Audi and VW, the new model that looks like a Ford. The article mentioned that a few executives were actually riding in the new car to check it out. And it also mentioned that the brakes will change to the sliding calipers, front and back, to save weight since the wheels are getting bigger. I don't know if having Brembo calipers is actually weighing more than the sliding calipers or not. But anyway, I read the article somewhere when I was doing my homework before buying the 2016 model, and the redesigned model articles kept showing up during my search.

I hope they don't, but that was what I read.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Answered own question...according to KBB, specs for the 2013 were for a 10 year, 100,000 powertrain warranty. According to VW.com, it remains the same on 2016. I'll figure VW website info trumps dealer's
I can confirm as the Monroney (sp?) mentions the 10 year / 100K mile on my new 2016. I actually had no idea it was that generous of a powertrain warranty...i guess i really won't know how generous it is until i try to use it!

·
Administrator
10,219 Posts
I've been thinking about a '16 as well, only because of the sudden availability and deals starting to show up.

My holdback is the TN build US market only midsize SUV showing up in late 2016...I am having my doubts that VW will continue to sell the premium midsized Touareg beside a competitively priced (albeit not premium) midsized SUV. My thinking is I don't want a model that's possibly being phased out (for resale value purposes)

·
Registered
291 Posts
Compared to 2015, the only difference that I can see for 2016 is the reduction in the corrosion warranty from 12 years/unlimited miles to 12 years/120,000 miles. Powertrain, comprehensive, and roadside assistance appear to be the same.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts