Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the oil pan replaced ( they said stripped screw) and 2 seals . Same problem after $2500 worth of work at dealer. 102k miles . I think they scammed me being I loved to new area . No smoke or smell . Power is normal .
Any direction would be appreciated .

Pic attached after 500 miles
Font Gadget Audio equipment Vehicle audio Technology

· Registered
24 Posts
I’d start by just looking in the engine bay and seeing if there’s any obvious leaks. There is also a plastic under tray on the car which can be taken off with a 10mm socket. Removing that you can see the underside of the car. Very simple you can do it or take it to a shop that can diagnose it for you.

· Registered
5,675 Posts
No smells from exhaust?

· Registered
2011 VR6 FSI LUX
2,897 Posts
Could be a bunch of possibilities.
1- PCV diaphragm with a slight tear that's not big enough to cause the telling whistle noise from the weep hole
on the side of the valve cover.
2- Oil leaking from the valve cover gasket. Most obvious at the back and sides of the engine.
3- Carbon buildup on the oil control ring of the piston or in the groove for the ring causing blow-by.
4- The oil level sensor is flaky. Open the hood for a minute then close it to reset.
5- The oil level wasn't filled properly in the first place.

· Registered
410 Posts
To make sure if sensor is not faulty, just buy oil dipstick.
Be aware that the dipstick that I bought did not read accurately versus the specified fill level and electronic sensor.

As an aside, simply posting one oil level reading means nothing to me with respect to oil consumption. You need to determine a rate of consumption. X km (or miles), level was Y. At X+Z km (or miles), I added a certain amount of oil to bring the level back to my initial reading. A dealer will likely want to establish a pattern of consumption before taking action and will not act unless oil consumption is egregious.

But to the original question, no dealer that I know of would tear down an engine because of a single low oil level reading. As others have mentioned, it may have simply been underfilled at the oil change.Establish a regular rate of consumption and get back to us.

· Registered
Touareg MY2013 - CRCA
176 Posts
Be aware that the dipstick that I bought did not read accurately versus the specified fill level and electronic sensor.

As an aside, simply posting one oil level reading means nothing to me with respect to oil consumption. You need to determine a rate of consumption. X km (or miles), level was Y. At X+Z km (or miles), I added a certain amount of oil to bring the level back to my initial reading. A dealer will likely want to establish a pattern of consumption before taking action and will not act unless oil consumption is egregious.

But to the original question, no dealer that I know of would tear down an engine because of a single low oil level reading. As others have mentioned, it may have simply been underfilled at the oil change.Establish a regular rate of consumption and get back to us.
I dont know which dipstick u bought, but I have original OEM dipstick for Touareg/Cayenne and levels are almost the same (dipstick more accurate). Dipstick is so much simpler and more reliable - you can check it with the engine cold before you set off.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts