Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if that's correct? I don't think previous Execs with Dynaudio had a subwoofer.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Sticker says 10 speakers & Amplifier if that means the same thing. I'll be finding out soon.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Benchmarks can now be heard. Turn up the Dynaudio premium sound system and take a listen. Nine perfectly positioned speakers, a dedicated subwoofer, and a 620-watt digital amplifier deliver power and clarity that rival many home audio systems. Let the concert begin. Dynaudio® premium sound system with 10 speakers, 620-watt stereo[/UNQUOTE]

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
Sticker says 10 speakers & Amplifier if that means the same thing. I'll be finding out soon.
Jim, are you really getting a '16? If so, congrats.

Reactions: Jimbuffalo

·
Registered
219 Posts
This makes me even a little unhappier yet that I bought a year end 15 Exec. I wish I had waited even though I got a good deal all the new extras would have been nice to have and with all the turmoil the deals are really strong right now. This wasn't really made known. That said the 15 system sounds decent for sure and with bass turned up (way up) is punchy but does lack the very deep bass a sub would have provided. Wonder where the sub is located, and if it would be retrofittable (unlikely)..?

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Someone with a 2016 Exec (or access to one) needs to confirm this for us! Local dealer has no Execs or I'd check this out myself.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Not 12 speakers, just looked at my window sticker, says 10 speakers so 2 per door (woofer tweeter) is 8 and the center which may have 1 0r 2 more is 10. But on the website for Dynaudio it never mentioned a sub before now

·
Registered
219 Posts
Weird that the Dynaudio site does say 12 speakers but the Mulroney label on the car says 10. So where are these dedicated midrange drivers in the front doors? Woofers in lower doors and tweeters up high but where are these mysterious 2 midrange drivers located? Something here doesn't add up, Still no indication of a sub on the Dynaudio site. From the Dynaudio site:

"A unique, high-performance 3-way system was developed for the front channels, featuring an 8 inch MSP woofer, a dedicated midrange driver, and a soft dome tweeter precisely mounted in each front door. A 2-way system featuring a tweeter and a mid/bass driver is mounted in each rear door, while a dedicated 2-way centre channel speaker is mounted in the dashboard."

·
Registered
13 Posts
Weird that the Dynaudio site does say 12 speakers but the Mulroney label on the car says 10.

The 2015 execline in Canada states a 12 speaker system, on the window sticker and brochure (I noticed the US brochure states a 10 speaker system). I have not had a good look at the door panel to see if there is in fact a dedicated mid range.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts