Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my 2016 TDI came with some "puppy damage", specifically to the vinyl tops of the door panels.

Not bad enough to spend the $1,500 per door to buy from the dealer, but bad enough that I am watching Ebay for door panels to show up.

Will door panels from 2012 fit my 2016? How far down do they disassemble? I know VW sells the entire panel without the alloy and wood insets (but including the brown plastic part). Found some on Ebay that are black, my doors are black with terracotta brown. So if I can buy the black ones and move the brown parts over that would be great.

Anyone got any suggestions?

·
Registered
41 Posts
So my 2016 TDI came with some "puppy damage", specifically to the vinyl tops of the door panels.

Not bad enough to spend the $1,500 per door to buy from the dealer, but bad enough that I am watching Ebay for door panels to show up.

Will door panels from 2012 fit my 2016? How far down do they disassemble? I know VW sells the entire panel without the alloy and wood insets (but including the brown plastic part). Found some on Ebay that are black, my doors are black with terracotta brown. So if I can buy the black ones and move the brown parts over that would be great.

Anyone got any suggestions?

We should be happy God doesn't give us everything we ask for

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for responding, but your link isn't what I was asking for. In fact you appear to have missed the point.

I found black door panels on Ebay from a 2012. The questions (again)- Can the panels be dismantled into separate components so that all the black parts be replaced with the terracotta colored parts from this door?

Will it fit a 2016?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Thanks for responding, but your link isn't what I was asking for. In fact you appear to have missed the point.

I found black door panels on Ebay from a 2012. The questions (again)- Can the panels be dismantled into separate components so that all the black parts be replaced with the terracotta colored parts from this door?

Will it fit a 2016?

View attachment 233479
You're correct sir, I missed the point. I know the armrest can be removed not sure about the rest of the panel

We should be happy God doesn't give us everything we ask for

1 - 4 of 4 Posts