Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I just noticed that the outside LED/xenon “strip” has apparently gone out on one of my front headlights (see photo). Other photo is the other side, which is working fine.

Vehicle Grille Car Automotive lighting Hood

Car Automotive parking light Vehicle Grille Automotive lighting

This is in the “Auto” lights setting, so I know it’s the DRL (this is a 2016 VR6). The rest of the headlight functions fine.

I’m assuming this is not user replaceable, right?

Has anyone else experienced this, and if so, roughly how much did it cost you?

It annoys me more than anything, so if this is going to be expensive then I’m just gonna leave it and hope the other one burns out soon to match :)

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
@OP, suggest you to visit this page

·
Registered
3,565 Posts
Unfortunately, relatively common. Typically need to replace the entire assembly to fix it. Another option is change drl function to fog lights instead, 20% power.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello all, I just noticed that the outside LED/xenon “strip” has apparently gone out on one of my front headlights (see photo). Other photo is the other side, which is working fine.

View attachment 247595

View attachment 247596

This is in the “Auto” lights setting, so I know it’s the DRL (this is a 2016 VR6). The rest of the headlight functions fine.

I’m assuming this is not user replaceable, right?

Has anyone else experienced this, and if so, roughly how much did it cost you?

It annoys me more than anything, so if this is going to be expensive then I’m just gonna leave it and hope the other one burns out soon to match :)
I just had this fixed at the beginning of November. On the East Coast the part is $762.67 + $290 labor.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts