Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

My first post here and please ignore my terrible grammar. After washing the car recently, the engine occasionally shook terribly when I started the car the next day. I figured some water might get into the engine because I haven't had a chance to complete the recall about this issue (I imported the car to Canada and VW Canada will not do the recall for me for free because my car technically "belongs" to VWoA). I know this is a well-known issue here but VW China had this water-ingestion problem fixed a few years ago due to some extensive complaints from owners and a major public campaign against VW China. So I went to Taobao (Alibaba in China), bought the part designed and used to fix by VW China, and had my gf shipped to me. I installed the part and poured some water along with the headlight and engine cover, and voila, NO MORE water got into the air filter box! I also removed the rubber cap under the air intake tube and tested there, no water at all!

Super easy to install and here are some pictures I took:

The parts are 7P6805762 (this is the part used to cover the intake and divert water away from it) and 7P6805962C (my 16 model already has this part installed from the factory).
Material property Font Watch Auto part Electric blue

Wood Bumper Motor vehicle Gas Automotive exterior

Bumper Automotive exterior Office equipment Personal protective equipment Motor vehicle

Bumper Eyewear Glove Automotive exterior Personal protective equipment

The first step is to remove the front grille. For the 15-17 model, there are four screws on the top (T20 screw driver) and eight hidden clips under the grille. Those hidden clips are not easy to unclip and I cut some plastic packages and put them under my pry bar to prevent the clip from coming back. After unclipping all those clips, pull the grille horizontally with some subtle forces and it will come right out.

Wood Tints and shades Gas Hood Automotive exterior

Hand Hood Automotive tire Tire Finger

Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Car Grille

Then I just clip part 7P6805762 on part 7P6805962C and that is. Problem solved. Here are some pictures, and you can see how the part will divert water away from the air intake.

Original:

Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Tread

Fixed:

I had to remove the upper part first so that I can slip the lower part in.

Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Trunk

I later moved the lower part to the middle of that edge. The picture shown is too close to the headlight and pouring heavy water might spill over and still get into the air intake tube.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Hood Tread

·
Registered
460 Posts
Great write up. Thanks for sharing. Unfortunately we cannot get that part here. Why VW didn't offer to install that part on the Touaregs here crazy. Instead they just removed the rubber bung at the bottom. I guess they wanted to take the easy way out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
1 - 9 of 9 Posts