Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I can't seem to find the odometer on my vehicle. I see the trip mile counter and found the "0.0" button to reset it, but I can't seem to get that area of the car to show me the total vehicle mileage. Anyone have any thoughts on this.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Hi All,

I can't seem to find the odometer on my vehicle. I see the trip mile counter and found the "0.0" button to reset it, but I can't seem to get that area of the car to show me the total vehicle mileage. Anyone have any thoughts on this.
if you have your cruse control lever in cruse control position you will no longer see your odometer reading.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Some VWs override the odometer with cruise on but not the Touareg. At least not mine. What mine does do is replace the odometer with the low fuel light. Do you happen to have your orange fuel light on? If so the only way I've found to get an odometer reading other than filling up is when you turn the car on.

·
Registered
304 Posts
On my 2014 the cruise control writes over my odometer when I pull the lever up for cruise control until I return it back to the non cruise control and odometer reading returns. Maybe the 2015 does the same as mine.

·
Registered
2015 (2016 MY) Touareg SE 3.0 V6 TDi 262PS
1,197 Posts
On my 2014 the cruise control writes over my odometer when I pull the lever up for cruise control until I return it back to the non cruise control and odometer reading returns. Maybe the 2015 does the same as mine.
The European 2015/2016 models retain the odometer when cruise is selected.

·
Registered
969 Posts
My 2010 passat loses the odometer as described above with cruise enabled.

I checked and my 2016 Touareg displays odometer when cruise is enabled.

OP - have you found it yet?

·
Registered
848 Posts
2016 here. Odometer is displayed on the same line as trip, just all the way to the left. The only time it goes away is when low fuel is illuminated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
848 Posts
Here's a sample of the time my odometer disappears. Right where the low fuel icon is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Need odometer reading

I have a tail light out so that warning light is appearing where the low fuel light shows in the example above. I am turning my Toureg in for the recall in 2 weeks and don't want to replace the light but know they need an odometer reading when I turn it in. Any other way to see the odometer number or turn off that light?

·
Registered
2015 (2016 MY) Touareg SE 3.0 V6 TDi 262PS
1,197 Posts
There may be more warnings which replace the odometer - the Driver Alert warning certainly does on my 2016 model year.

·
Registered
511 Posts
and also for other warning lights like the windscreen washer bottle level. Mine (2016) would display the odometer when the key is inserted but disappear and be replaced by the warning light once the engine turned over.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have a tail light out so that warning light is appearing where the low fuel light shows in the example above. I am turning my Toureg in for the recall in 2 weeks and don't want to replace the light but know they need an odometer reading when I turn it in. Any other way to see the odometer number or turn off that light?
Your VW dealer can read the odometer by hooking it up to their system. Let them deal with it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts