1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Cool video, thanks for sharing

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
good to see it is made where i think it is.

Didnt i read here in the community that the new ones were going to be built in Alabama or something ????

·
Learner
5,023 Posts
Would be great if you could punch in your vin and it shows the vehicle being built

·
Super Moderator
2015 R Line V8
2,019 Posts
did I see you use the "Thanks" button Stuart?:-#

8)

·
Registered
783 Posts
good to see it is made where i think it is.

Didnt i read here in the community that the new ones were going to be built in Alabama or something ????
Not the Touareg - the new Cross Blue 7 Passenger vehicle (aimed at the US Market) will be built in the US. All the Touareg's are still coming out of Bratislava.

·
Super Moderator
3,813 Posts
did I see you use the "Thanks" button Stuart?:-#

8)
Steve, I have had a Gospel Experience, after watching "The Blues Brothers" for the 63rd time, now I am one of the righteous ones.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Pretty cool video, thanks for sharing!

The painting process is crazy, doors on for the first part...then they take them off again for the interior install... the robots paint the main surfaces then the jams by hand... this is all over the place...

Also like others have said, there sure is a lot of manual hands on part installation. Very different than I imagined...speaking of which where are the Umpa Lumpas I kept picturing?

I also love the view of the under carriage without suspension and drive train installed...looks burly with the "frame" exposed.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
At around 4:30 you can see the entire length of the 2-piece propshaft. Doesn't that view of the drivetrain clearly answer the question others have asked: "Why not a 1-piece propshaft?" The front and rear sections are at different angles, not in a straight line.

·
Registered
3,836 Posts

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Also like others have said, there sure is a lot of manual hands on part installation. Very different than I imagined...speaking of which where are the Umpa Lumpas I kept picturing?

They're there, all right. Didn't you Umpa Lumpas can only be seen by humans - to mirrors and cameras and the like they are invisible.

I thought EVERYONE knew THAT . . . which has set me thinking, Father Christmas must be back from his holidays and cracking the whip over his little helpers.

Now, then, have you all been GOOD boys . . . . ?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts