Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a 2015 TDI and 2 days ago with 1160 km on a cold engine I started getting random engine fluctuations and the tachometer was jumping from 600 to 900 RPM. I pulled over and with my foot on the brake, I started videoing. Engine temp was just over 50c and no engine light came on. After a few minutes and as the temperature increased the issued stopped, but given the newness of the vehicle I took it to dealer with the video. They claimed that they had never seen this before. I left the vehicle with them and they couldn't find the issue. Has anyone else experienced this?

·
Registered
848 Posts
Sounds like those with bad Nix sensors during cold start. They should be able to scan via VCDS and check it out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. Do you mean NOx sensors? Wouldn't the check engine light typically come on with this sort of issue? The VW dealer said they hooked the vehicle to a diagnostic machine, but couldn't find the issue. I'm a bit of newbie, is the VCDS the same machine a dealer would use?

·
Registered
848 Posts
Yeah, sorry i guess my autocorrect changed it to Nix.

From what I've read, the NOx sensors typically don't throw a code, not sure if it shows up on VCDS, or not.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No worries, thanks for clarifying and thanks for the original response. Gives me something to go on. I know if I hadn't recorded the event and been able to show it to the dealer they likely wouldn't have taken it seriously. Thanks again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts