Club Touareg Forum banner
41 - 60 of 474 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello folks...it seems that European Touaregs have a far different firmware which allows you to connect your rsap enabled phone in order to share data with the RNS 850. No SIM card needed so long as the phone supports rsap Bluetooth protocol (sorry, iPhone does not). Has anyone in NORTH AMERICAN been able to get google maps to work? Here's a great link to setting up an rsap enabled phone to share data with the RNS SYSTEM:
Paring and configuring RNS 850 with S3 and RSAP - myTreg forums

·
Registered
60 Posts
Interesting thread. I got my Touareg R Line in April but in not sure of the build week as it was not a factory order but new in the showroom.

I do not even have the Google button in the map screen (I've it's not even there greyed out). A friend has just had his car which same but build week around week 27 and he does have the Google button and car net traffic.

I'm wondering if my software can be updated.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Navigation Map Update for 2009 Touareg Tdi

For those of you who have, or will receive and offer from VW for the Navigation Map Update 2015 June 2015... You might find, as I did, the actual date for the “update” on the Invoice says: 2014Q3.
When I called the listed 866-462-8837 number, it went to “Here” the distribution channel (and map maker????) They said that was the actual update date, but it takes awhile to package the materials etc... blah blah.

It is September 2015 where I live... A full year to package???? Sure...

OK... This map will be more up to date than the original... but what I believe is false advertising showing June 2015 is way off.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi All,
I just had a recent mum update to my 2014 Touareg (AUS) with RNS 850 witch the WLAN hotspot is enabled and preconfigured and it works fine where before i wasn't able to.
Also there is a NEW Google Earth icon shown in the Navigation same as the 2015 models but mine is greyed out and i can't select it. The car is going back at dealer and see if they can enable this. Keep you all up to date!

·
Learner
MY21 Wolfsburg V6 Moonlight Blue
6,356 Posts
Hi All, I just had a recent mum update to my 2014 Touareg (AUS) with RNS 850 witch the WLAN hotspot is enabled and preconfigured and it works fine where before i wasn't able to. Also there is a NEW Google Earth icon shown in the Navigation same as the 2015 models but mine is greyed out and i can't select it. The car is going back at dealer and see if they can enable this. Keep you all up to date!
Sounds interesting, whats your map and sw version?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok so I'm new to the community and I just bought a 2012 Touareg with software and maps from 2012 how do I get my hands on the rogue version of the software? My dealer has no idea what I am talking about or how to update the software for a cost of less than $800.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I have a 2015 Exec built 1/15 and have no Google button at all. Should I? Can I get the dealer to do the upgrade? I bought it 2 months ago and have 2500 miles on it.

·
Registered
227 Posts
i have some progress.
My Russian is not so good, got a translator handy?

Are you doing a custom firmware version to activate the features? I don't think there is a US firmware that has it.

Looks like the gist is connecting a USB 4G modem via MDI for the connectivity, but the firmware versions that support it don't exist here - would you be creating a US version with the modules inserted?

41 - 60 of 474 Posts