Club Touareg Forum banner
461 - 474 of 474 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all. I would like to give you my feed-back relative to this subject of activating GE on the RNS850 using FW 824. I bought Popkorn´s script last week but couldn't get it to be seen by the RNS850. In fact the RNS850 wasn't able to run any script at all. I contacted Popkorn and he advised me to reinstall the FW, but contrary to the one I primarily use, he advised me to use, this time, the FW824 available on his formidable website, Touareg7P_club, which I did. It took over 90 minutes to reinstall. But my RNS850 was finally able to run scripts. I started by reactivating maps (installing new firmware dictates to run the activator again), run the script to enable green menu, made all the necessary modifications in the green menu to connect my TP-link router and finally run the new GE activator script as seen in the video in Popkorn's post. Much to my satisfaction all is well and running. GE is back and I am very pleased.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I tried Popcorns firmware, from his site, and still no scripts running. And my maps are not activated now. And green menu is gone too.
the firmware must be installed in user mode! the script of the green menu as well as the activator for mapss is available on the website or in the FB group. You can also ask your question in private messages. I always try to help

·
Registered
412 Posts
the firmware must be installed in user mode! the script of the green menu as well as the activator for maps is available on the website or in the FB group. You can also ask your question in private messages. I always try to help
I reinstalled the FW (CDIMAGE_HN+_EU_VW_P0824_field.iso), in user mode. Scripts will still not run, neither from SD1 or SD2. Tried the "Vlasov activator" and nothing happens.

The FW has a few N/A options in the user mode, which i can't select.
KI_52x
KDPreUpdateCheck
NaviPersistence
VW_ECE

At least some of this is updated with the maps.

I had to use VCDS to get the green menu back.

More tips on how to get scripts running?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I reinstalled the FW (CDIMAGE_HN+_EU_VW_P0824_field.iso), in user mode. Scripts will still not run, neither from SD1 or SD2. Tried the "Vlasov activator" and nothing happens.

The FW has a few N/A options in the user mode, which i can't select.
KI_52x
KDPreUpdateCheck
NaviPersistence
VW_ECE

At least some of this is updated with the maps.

I had to use VCDS to get the green menu back.

More tips on how to get scripts running?
perhaps you are copying scripts to the SD card incorrectly? be sure to use Windows. scripts cannot be opened on a PC because windows adds 1 bit to a line when opened and then the rns does not read them.

·
Registered
412 Posts
perhaps you are copying scripts to the SD card incorrectly? be sure to use Windows. scripts cannot be opened on a PC because windows adds 1 bit to a line when opened and then the rns does not read them.
I changed to another SD card, and now it works. Thank you for your patience. Maps are activated :)

I did once edit the script to copy the entire disk back to the SD card, to look for solutions to online traffic. So editing the scripts did at least work before.

I will try to edit a script now to log the gps positions while driving.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Scripts are running strong. Attached is a list of all files and folders on the RNS850. I made a txt for each folder on the root.

I will try this again, as I might miss some files or folders. Especially the "usr" folder is missing

Attachments

461 - 474 of 474 Posts