Club Touareg Forum banner

381 - 399 of 399 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Good morning,

ive a 2015 FL Treg, but w/o Car Net.

Ive updated to K0821 and 2019 Maps and run also "02 - RNS850-GE_ENABLE" script.
Everything works as described.
GM works but for example traffic online does not work

My question: how to get really online?

I know VW do not allow not registered VINs to use car net services
But maybe there are possibilities to implement the google earth api to use online traffic etc?
Did anybody investigated already this topic....?

bye Stefan
No way for Traffic on line.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The firmware P0824, which I have installed for the latest V13 (6.28.2) Maps to work, is from a Russian website.

This site does not work anymore.

Here is another page where it is talked about, unfortunately you can not download it there.

After installing firmware P0824 and map data, I also had to run an activation script where I had to push a button. This also started automatically from the SD card and it shows exactly the same VW box as the "02 - RNS850-GE_ENABLE" script. So the activation script will start on P0824, but why does not the "02 - RNS850-GE_ENABLE" script start? :(

·
Registered
141 Posts
why does not the "02 - RNS850-GE_ENABLE" script start? :(
I don't have really any idea. If the activation script starts, also the GE_Enable shall start; the structure is the same so the MNS cannot distinguish between the two.

·
Registered
141 Posts
info from flipper dog on the other thread:

Yes the 2015 will be equipped with Google earth, street view, online POI search, online traffic, connect services and navigation goal picture (well the German models are now).

To get your pre 2015 RNS 850 to work the same you will need the following parts:
  • UMTS router
  • UMTS stick
  • 2A car power adapter
  • Power cable
  • Nano WLAN stick (802.1n capable)
  • 4GB micro-SD (Router operating system pre-installed)
  • Micro-SD to SD adapter (to use the micro-SD card)
  • 4GB SD card
  • 1m network cable (Cat 5e)
Not much change from 1000 euro.
Uou can follow my tutorial and connect RNS850 to internet via Wi-Fi...

·
Registered
4 Posts
The firmware P0824, which I have installed for the latest V13 (6.28.2) Maps to work, is from a Russian website.

This site does not work anymore.

Here is another page where it is talked about, unfortunately you can not download it there.

After installing firmware P0824 and map data, I also had to run an activation script where I had to push a button. This also started automatically from the SD card and it shows exactly the same VW box as the "02 - RNS850-GE_ENABLE" script. So the activation script will start on P0824, but why does not the "02 - RNS850-GE_ENABLE" script start? :(
Hi, did you managed to install the "02 - RNS850-GE_ENABLE" script on firmware P0824?If, yes, could you explain how?
10x

·
Registered
141 Posts
Hi, did you managed to install the "02 - RNS850-GE_ENABLE" script on firmware P0824?If, yes, could you explain how?
10x
Sorry. No experience with P0824. The script is tailored for P0821.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, Miazza, thank you very much for your answer. I haven`t even tried to install that script on my firmaware P0824, because I`m afraid, that the script could damage my RNS 850. Do you think it is safe to make a try to install it?
10x

·
Registered
141 Posts
Hi, Miazza, thank you very much for your answer. I haven`t even tried to install that script on my firmaware P0824, because I`m afraid, that the script could damage my RNS 850. Do you think it is safe to make a try to install it?
10x
It is untested but it shuld be safe.
01 -RNS850-GE-WIFI makes a backup file before to modify the settings. In any case the uninstall restores the initial situation
02 - RNS850-GE_ENABLE is making changes in the DataPST.db and in any case creates a DataPST.db.bkp that can be restored

If you are familiar with scripts and you know what you are doing ... it should be safe to make a try :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
As far as I understood in my case /RNS 850 with original SIM card slot/ I should install only the 02 - RNS850-GE_ENABLE and make the respective changes in the Green menu in order to get Google Earth/Street view runing? Right?

·
Registered
141 Posts
If I remeber well, you shall install:
01 -RNS850-GE-WIFI
02 - RNS850-GE_ENABLE
Make the respective changes in the Green menu in order to get Google Earth/Street view runing
Uninstall Fairmode from green menu (step 8 of my tutorial)

·
Registered
4 Posts
If I remeber well, you shall install:
01 -RNS850-GE-WIFI
02 - RNS850-GE_ENABLE
Make the respective changes in the Green menu in order to get Google Earth/Street view runing
Uninstall Fairmode from green menu (step 8 of my tutorial)
Why should I install 01 -RNS850-GE-WIFI if I have the original sim card slot already in my RNS 850. Do I need it for something special? I just want to activate the Google Earth/Street view.
If I really have also to install 01 -RNS850-GE-WIFI script isn`t it better to edit it and comment lines from 215 to 222 in order to remove the installation of the Fairmode?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Why should I install 01 -RNS850-GE-WIFI if I have the original sim card slot already in my RNS 850. Do I need it for something special? I just want to activate the Google Earth/Street view.
If I really have also to install 01 -RNS850-GE-WIFI script isn`t it better to edit it and comment lines from 215 to 222 in order to remove the installation of the Fairmode?
01 -RNS850-GE-WIFI will:
  • open wlan firewall (possibly not needed for systems with SIM)
  • activate traffic online (not needed anymore because not working...)
  • activate green menu (not needed if already done)
  • install Fair Mode (not needed for systems with SIM)
It will make also some modification on:
  • mmelauncher.cfg
  • mme-becker.sh
  • resolv.conf (add name server)
  • nws.cfg
May be you are right and this script is not necessary for you with SIM module.
Try to install only the GE Enable script and see what happens.

YES, If you finally have also to install 01 -RNS850-GE-WIFI script, It is better to edit it and comment lines from 215 to 222 in order to remove the installation of the Fairmode.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi guys! I'm new and I want to help me with this issue regarding the GE activation. I have FW 0824 and 02 - RNS850-GE_ENABLE didn't start. Everything is going well except this ( GE and street view).I also had the last version of the maps ( V13) from the russian website. So, is anyone who can provide the script for FW 0824?
Thank you!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Hi guys! I'm new and I want to help me with this issue regarding the GE activation. I have FW 0824 and 02 - RNS850-GE_ENABLE didn't start. Everything is going well except this ( GE and street view).I also had the last version of the maps ( V13) from the russian website. So, is anyone who can provide the script for FW 0824?
Thank you!
I am really sorry but the script has been developed for 821. In any case this should work also on 0824.
Script shall start even if I heard about people having the same problem.

The only recommandation I can give is to format the SD again in FAT32 and reinstall the script from new.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am really sorry but the script has been developed for 821. In any case this should work also on 0824.
Script shall start even if I heard about people having the same problem.

The only recommandation I can give is to format the SD again in FAT32 and reinstall the script from new.
Hi Miazza ! thank you for your answer. The ideea is that everytime when I have tried to run the script I've had the same problem don't start. More than this I have followed the rules by formating the SD card in FAT 32 and each time I have write the script on SD card in order not to forget something. You know people who succeed to do it with this FW 0824?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Miazza, I still have one question: What is the correct version ? please see the document.

or

with or without pictures?
Thank you.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Miazza, I still have one question: What is the correct version ? please see the document.
View attachment 234440
or
View attachment 234441
with or without pictures?
Thank you.
In the Original script images are under "utils" folder.
The script is looking there:

# show the start screen
$dstPath/utils/showScreen $dstPath/utils/start_RNS.png

I have seen that other people have the same problem with your FW version but I cannot understand the reason why.

381 - 399 of 399 Posts