Club Touareg Forum banner

341 - 360 of 384 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sorry for late reply.
What I am sure is that if you follow my tutorial it will work.
If you do something different ... that's up to you.:wink2:
Hi Miazza,
I'm very new to the forum but following your very well laid out steps I updated my FW and also activated GE. Your tutorial was amazing thank you. I have a 2015 v8 tdi rline now with 0821. I'm using GE via RSAP and it works great however I cannot see any evidence of streetview or yellow man. Do you have any idea what could be root cause.

Cheers

·
Registered
124 Posts
google maps on RNS850

This will work for 2011. It did for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Caml, do you have an EU model of the RNS850 or the NA model? I have a 2016 NA Touareg with SW version P0737 (MU SW 0933), just wondering if it will work on NA Touaregs? Thanks!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hi Caml

What firmware did you use?

And I guess the big question will 821 for on NA models??

I guess we need to find someone in NA that has bought a new Touareg with google maps and find the firmware version.

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
Hi Caml

What firmware did you use?

And I guess the big question will 821 for on NA models??

I guess we need to find someone in NA that has bought a new Touareg with google maps and find the firmware version.
A have a family member that works for the local VW dealer.

I'll ask him to lmk if/ when they have any in stock so I can "test" drive it :grin2:

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hi Miazza, it seems the 3 links you posted are all in a non-USA language. Am I doing something wrong where I can't find these 3 steps outlined in English for a NA T3? I have a 2015 Hybrid with the RNS-850 as well. I may just choose to take it out and install an Android unit overall since I did the same thing in my Passat and it has full Android functionality with Google Maps, built in Wi-Fi, mirroring, and many other things without trying to spend so much time upgrading a dinosaur of a device just to get Google Maps lol.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Ok guys so i have a 2015 MY16 150TDi in Australia.

I have not as yet done the actual upgrade map as per the tutorial, as i just wanted to see if i already had these features. I went to green menu and did the ticking and un-ticking and hay presto now have google maps available, but keeps being grayed out.

My car has a sim port and i can also run RASP, however i cant get the box for google maps to ungray itself to tick.

So question is, do i need to do the google flash on the system if by simply going through the green menu enables the tick box for google maps?

·
Registered
33 Posts
OK so i now have Google Maps, but when i turn off google maps, i simply get a blank screen with POIs but no maps.

Also, i cant access Green Mode screen even though it is activated in Vagcom?

·
Learner
4,645 Posts
OK so i now have Google Maps, but when i turn off google maps, i simply get a blank screen with POIs but no maps.

Also, i cant access Green Mode screen even though it is activated in Vagcom?
Under options unselect google maps and poi’s

·
Learner
4,645 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Can not update my rsn 850

Hi, I did read almost all 36 pages. I am trying to get my system to show google maps. I have downloaded tutorial from this forum. I got stuck on first step.

I have 2013 Touareg TDI NA model, located in USA.

I did tried to update my rsn 850 with k0821 but in first I got message that update it is for European version then I changed in green menu from NA to EU And it started to do the update And after first reboot got error message. Maybe someone could help Me to let Me know how to get that update to my system.
Thank you

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
Hi, I did read almost all 36 pages. I am trying to get my system to show google maps. I have downloaded tutorial from this forum. I got stuck on first step.

I have 2013 Touareg TDI NA model, located in USA.

I did tried to update my rsn 850 with k0821 but in first I got message that update it is for European version then I changed in green menu from NA to EU And it started to do the update And after first reboot got error message. Maybe someone could help Me to let Me know how to get that update to my system.
Thank you
I think the only way for us north american people to get this to work is either get a later firmware specifically for our units, wait until someone creates a modified eu firmware for us, install a later model 5F control module, or something i'm trying out :wink2:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Has anybody made progress recently with this mod in the US?

I have a 2016 TDI LUX & would love to do this, but I am not going to play with it until theres a good chance it will work!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone.

I have a 2015 UK Treg Rline and have recently updated RNS850 firmware to K0821 and maps to 7P6060884K ECE 6.26.1. (If I currently put the sim from my iPhone into the glove compartment sim slot google amps and internet all work fine.)

Can someone tell me whether I have understood correctly:
If I follow miazza's excellent tutorial chapter 2 b) and chapter 3 (as per post 302 of this thread) then I will be able to have a data sim in the RNS850's sim slot (to handle internet and google maps etc) but it also be able to connect to a non rsap phone via bluetooth using hands free protocol?

·
Learner
4,645 Posts
From what i know and experienced once the sim goes in the phone BT gets disconnected
No fix for it yet, unless you own an audi.
But if you find it otherwise then let me know!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for the info - its so frustrating - it seems that so far the closest option is a frightening AU$1050.00 fix from the Naviplus that will give me Android auto and Apple CarPlay. Grrrr!!!

341 - 360 of 384 Posts
About this Discussion
383 Replies
89 Participants
miazza
Club Touareg Forum
We’re the online community for Volkswagen Touareg owners to share knowledge about their VW Touareg Sport Utility Vehicles and more!
Full Forum Listing