Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just found out that the 2015 Touaregs are updated. Personally I prefer the look of the current front end (V vs. A) and headlights, but one thing I am envious of is the Google integration.
Google Maps points of interest, Google Earth, and Street View will be on the new NAV.
My question is - Will they still be using the RNS-850?
And will I somehow be able to update my 2014 RNS-850 with Google? If so I may need to pick up a VAG-Com soon :)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
AWESOME! This is great news for me.... Now I need to figure out how to update the system on my own as I know the VW dealership

A) Has no idea what I'm talking about
B) Literally can not update my NAV
C) Would make up reasons why it is not compatible
D) They would charge me $$$$$$$$

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think you need a RNS-850 main unit with a SIM slot for connecting with 3G and get internet access.

Touareg in US has not this slot so far. I do not know the if the 2015 model will have it.
This makes sense.
So, currently the US NAV gets data from its HDD and satellites; and the Google features will require a 3G data connection?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey, This is my first post on what appears to be a great forum. I have just received a brand new 2014 toureg v6tdi rline. It's fitted with an rns850 and has a DVD player with 2 sd card slots and sim. The system is running MOST Pull update version: hn+_eu_vw_p0784. My software 0822

I seem to have 3d models on my Nav (like Google Earth) but no google search or Google traffic/maps feature.

Questions

1) how can I update to get the full Google services?
2) where do you guys go for info on the latest firmware/software?

Thanks,
I don't think anyone has successfully added the Google services to <2015 models yet. In this thread there is a list of required parts for the upgrade (mainly data connection).

Not really much more to say, just wait until someone brings some insight. I'm guessing it won't be until a little while after you see some 2015's driving around the US.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Yes, Volkswagen will obviously want to use the 2015 updates to promote the purchasing of a new Touareg and therefore will not make it accessible to upgrade older models. But this is Clubtouareg.com - If the 2015's use the "exact" same RNS-850's I guarantee forum members will find a way to upgrade, bypassing Volkswagen of America. If the hardware is the same, the software can be modified.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts