Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 Exec with Dynaudio, but like a few other old threads mention, the system is pretty lacking in the low end. Honestly it's pretty disappointing. Some other threads mention a drastic difference when they change the Dynaudio "focus" setting to "Front" instead of "Front + Rear", however, I have no such setting available. Am I looking in the wrong place or did they remove this setting in the T4 models? I have options to change the surround mode between stereo, small, and wide, and then in the Confidence settings I have profile options like Authentic, Dynamic, and Individual, but I don't see a focus setting anywhere. The balance/fader menu doesn't have anything like this either. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I go to the "Individual" setting and from there, I can adjust the bass and treble.

I have not found the bass to be lacking at all in my wife's 2015 Exec with the Dynaudio and I didn't find it lacking in my 2012 Exec when I had it.

The bass in my 2016 Cayenne with the Bose is just as good as it was in the Treg.

·
Learner
4,721 Posts
Go to settings and change to stereo rather than wide.
I installed a slimline sub in the wheel well for the missing low end bass nonetheless.
Sounds awesome now

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I figured out a trick to get a ton of bass. When you select one of the preset modes, the sliders for treble and bass are still there, just hidden by the picture of the violin or guitar. Select Dynamic mode, which already has increased bass, then press on the screen where the bass + button is, the slider will appear, and you can then greatly increase the bass. When you do this it looks like it switched to individual mode, but you're increasing the bass of the Dynamic profile. I'm not sure but you may be able to achieve the same thing by selecting Dynamic mode and then pressing the Individual mode button.

I think the lack of bass I was experiencing was due to me selecting Authentic mode, and then pressing the individual button.

·
Learner
4,721 Posts
I figured out a trick to get a ton of bass. When you select one of the preset modes, the sliders for treble and bass are still there, just hidden by the picture of the violin or guitar. Select Dynamic mode, which already has increased bass, then press on the screen where the bass + button is, the slider will appear, and you can then greatly increase the bass. When you do this it looks like it switched to individual mode, but you're increasing the bass of the Dynamic profile. I'm not sure but you may be able to achieve the same thing by selecting Dynamic mode and then pressing the Individual mode button.

I think the lack of bass I was experiencing was due to me selecting Authentic mode, and then pressing the individual button.
Well you have just discovered a bug or an egg in Rns850!
I tried it and behaves like you described!
The sliders come up for the preset sound modes and you can change them but it wont save- goes back to default.
I never use these default presets but individual mode only.
Nonetheless, good find

1 - 5 of 5 Posts