Club Touareg Forum banner

101 - 107 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Audi Q7 TDI
210 Posts
I was able to find the Audi Webasto Decal that goes under my hood, so I got curious and looked up the Touareg and it seems there is no replacement part for the factory sticker on the T-Regg that goes inside the drivers door sill.. but with some google foo I was able to find a part number for a Transporter w/Thermo Top C in english, that also gets installed in the door sill.. you guys could use if you wanted an OEM Webasto Decal..

Part# 7E0010856E
s-l1600 (2).jpg

There is another decal for the fuel door, Part# 7E0010739J
7E0010739J.jpg

If your wanting to put those final touches on so your vehicle has all OEM identifying plates for the parking heater since it wont be on the build codes.

·
Registered
92 Posts
The only thing is that 7P Touaregs feature an Eberpacher Hydronic heater, rather than a Webasto Thermo-top.
But thanks anyway.
With regards to the Thermotop that you purchased for your Q7, they have two weak points:
  • Corroded control boards.
  • The NTC thermistor, that is, the coolant temperature sensor. It failed on my VW Phaeton and had to replace it.
My advise would be to reseal the control board casing before you install it on your Q7. I used aluminum foil adhesive tape, although somebody else have used silicon based sealants.
Should you need further advise, do not hesitate to ask.

Gabriel

·
Registered
2014 Audi Q7 TDI
210 Posts
thanks for the tips, the unit I got has a 2015 build date on it and the vehicle it came off of was very low mileage so I'm hoping its practically new.. but I've got a roll of foil tape here, might as well seal it up.. I'll have to double check the wiring diagrams, Ive got to use the T-Regg harness as they dont offer a Q7 specific one.. hopefully it dont need any modifications.

·
Registered
2014 Audi Q7 TDI
210 Posts
its arrived, box was in rough shape but everything looks good and complete.. Ive got 4 zone climatronic so this thing has alot of pipes on it.. Ive got the fuel pump, waiting on stand pipe and wiring harness.

2020-05-01.jpg

Now that summer is approaching I'm already lookin forward to winter, this thing is gonna be awesome.. especially w/a delete tune.

·
Registered
2014 Audi Q7 TDI
210 Posts
Hey so you guys know, the Audi Q7 comes with the parking heater standpipe in north america.. so if you want an OEM flange for parking heater just find a Q7 in your local salvage yard:
IMG_20200515_134158.jpg
IMG_20200515_134135.jpg

·
Registered
2014 Audi Q7 TDI
210 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Audi Q7 TDI
210 Posts
Mine's up and working great, no real troubles with the install until the very end and then I had to deal with Audi Component Protection, which is only something someone w/an Audi ODIS Subscription could clear, my VCDS was useless for that.. luckily I found an indy guy who did it in like 3 mins and the heater was operational... I did have to cut the plugs off the Kufatec harness and solder on webasto ones with the correct pin out, but other than that the wiring harness was perfect.

Now only 5 months before I really get to start using it heh.. oh well that gives me time to get the control unit for the remote and stuff before winter.

101 - 107 of 107 Posts