Club Touareg Forum banner

81 - 85 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
would it works with any brand of heater ? I might have find a espar one...
thank you
does cayenne have the aux heater here ?
Can I put a fuel tap on the fuel line without having to change anything in the fuel tank ?
My plan is to install a espar D4, with a fuel tap in a line/ tank and maybe try to link it with vcds or simply independant

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
While I'm sure other brands could be adapted to work, they will not integrate into the HVAC system on your Touareg. And another brand would likely need custom fabbed brackets, tubes, hoses and pumps for install. Better just to pick up a complete unit from Europe.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
Better just to pick up a complete unit from Europe.
This. Any other unit will not integrate with the Touareg's HVAC system, and thus will make it essentially useless. Purchase the right parts the first time. I also would not tap the vehicle fuel lines (they're stiff molded plastic anyways). Do it properly or not at all, as I was always told.

·
Registered
51 Posts
This. Any other unit will not integrate with the Touareg's HVAC system, and thus will make it essentially useless. Purchase the right parts the first time. I also would not tap the vehicle fuel lines (they're stiff molded plastic anyways). Do it properly or not at all, as I was always told.
well, instead of using a block heater, I'll be using a diesel version of block heater.
I don't know if I'll be able to adapt it to the HVAC.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I think you'll have issues with the cooling circuit. There is no Frostheater available for the 2013+ Touareg TDIs. I don't know why for certain, but obviously the REST function, or something else is different on these, making thermosiphon action impossible.

But installing a generic Webasto type heater is simple enough on a generic engine. As long as you can find a suitable mounting location - they're not tiny. Where you tap into the cooling circuit makes a lot of difference. On a TDI, it'll be trial and error with an expensive engine. And you'll get no cabin heating functionality.

81 - 85 of 85 Posts