Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2014 Touareg R Line TDI with 82,000 miles. This is my second Touareg, first a 2004 V8. I get around 40,000 miles out of a set of tires, but seems like around 25-30,000 miles start to get tire noise and notice some minor cupping. I have the alignment checked and adjusted when new tires are purchased and have tires rotated every 5K miles. Tire pressures are kept proper. Just installed my second set of tires on the 2014 and want to make sure the alignment specs the Belle Tire shop uses are correct. Anyone have the correct specs? Also, cupping seems to be on rear tires so is it advisable to reduce camber on rear? Thanks for your assistance.

· Registered
1,562 Posts
I'd say that 25K-30K miles is a normal mileage for replacing tires on a Touareg. I won't be trying to blame wheel alignment in tire cupping and noise after 30K - it's just what all permanent four wheel drive vehicles do to tires.
Reputable shop should be using a machine capable to do procedure printout with spec's range included for every alignment measure. Did they give it to you? Here are a couple of links to past threads on the subject with printouts included: http://www.clubtouareg.com/forums/f44/possible-wheel-alignment-issue-188033.html
http://www.clubtouareg.com/forums/f43/touareg-needs-wheel-alignment-86941.html
Run search and you'll get more...

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, I did get an alignment check and things were good. For what it is worth, on my OEM tires, I missed one rotation at 20,000 miles and immediately picked up front tire noise. Learned my lesson on importance of rotation. I have owned four wheel SUV's since early 1990's but it does seem like the Touareg's are harder on tires than my other vehicles. Thanks again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.