Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
OP isn't getting 36mpg sorry. Egg reads high. Hand calc it. Also, OEM 255-55-19s?

·
Registered
5,261 Posts

·
Registered
'14 TDI Execline
2,126 Posts
If I cared enough to make a point, I'd say one of the following 3 things:
  • Lie O Meter
  • Likely Imperial UOM setting instead of US
  • Fuelly database clearly shows otherwise from 76 same year/engine vehicles over hundreds of fillups instead of some optimal 60 mile drive, downhill, with a F3 hurricane tailwind, etc.

But whatever... @Doug B and @Golf Wang have the most efficient Touaregs and the rest of us are all driving diesel guzzling lemons!

Excuse me while I cry myself to sleep again tonight.

·
Read Only
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
[QUOTE="volkswagens-for-life, post: 2157024, member: 222473"
Ok. 255-55-18. My point still stands.
[/QUOTE]
Well doggone then. Less rolling resistance. Significantly less weight than bourgeois Lux or Executive trim. Might have something to do with being maintained better and not trashing the vehicle (including a CEL that VW deemed insignificant due to climate).
Too many variables to ponder.

·
Read Only
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If I cared enough to make a point, I'd say one of the following 3 things:
  • Lie O Meter
  • Likely Imperial UOM setting instead of US
  • Fuelly database clearly shows otherwise from 76 same year/engine vehicles over hundreds of fillups instead of some optimal 60 mile drive, downhill, with a F3 hurricane tailwind, etc.

But whatever... @Doug B and @Golf Wang have the most efficient Touaregs and the rest of us are all driving diesel guzzling lemons!

Excuse me while I cry myself to sleep again tonight.
Probably poor maintenance and bad driving habits but hey, you do you while everyone who posts here lives rent free in your mind.
And to think Trudeau isn't the only narcissistic person up north.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
[QUOTE="Doug B, post: 21.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Doug B,
Your point doesn't stand at all all. You aren't averaging no 36 mi per gallon. Hand calculate that and make sure you have the proper tire sizes.

I am definitely laughing if your new to you Touareg is somehow maintain better than mine or some of the other people's in this thread

1 - 20 of 67 Posts