I had planned to keep this wonderful vehicle at least through the period of the generous “Dieselgate” warranty (see details in the photos below) which lasts until 12/24 or 120k miles, but my wife just got a new SUV, and we don't need two. I bought this Touareg new from Volkswagen of Langhorne (now Piazza Volkswagen of Langhorne) and it’s been meticulously serviced there ever since. Those service records don’t show on the CarFax because Piazza doesn’t report to them (call Service Writer Frank Indelicato if you need verification) but I have a printout of the vehicle service history. Piazza just performed a recent PA State Inspection and scheduled service that included new brakes and rotors all around. $2800 later, the car is ready to do another 100k miles. CarFax does show a “minimum damage” accident report — a sideswipe that was my bad. Not wanting any Bondo on the car, I had CarStar of Newtown (PA) track down left side front and rear NOS VW (not Asian knock-off) doors. The result was an impeccable repair, as the photos show. Right front door has a few parking lot dimples, the wheels have a few scratches and there are 2 small paint chips on the front bumper.
The photo of the window sticker shows the options included in the Lux trim, highlighted by the panoramic roof and the tow package (7700 lb. tow rating!). It also comes with the VW factory crossbars for the roof rack, a spare set of Touareg Monster Mats, first-aid kit and all manuals and original paper work. The black leather interior is virtually flawless, both smoke-free and pet-free. The 3.0 TDI engine has been bulletproof, strong and smooth (406 ft-lbs of torque make for effortless acceleration and cruising). The 8-speed transmission shifts smoothly and the Porsche-engineered suspension provides handling that would put some “sports cars” to shame. Tires are Goodyear Eagle Sports with plenty of tread left (super quiet and smooth running tires, btw).
At 95k miles, this Touareg is just hitting its stride, with 200k an easy reach if you use the VW factory synthetic oil and avoid “bargain” diesel fuel. It is handsome, rugged and its major components — engine, transmission, turbo and all emissions-related systems — are covered by the comprehensive, fully-transferable VW warranty.