Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2014 Touareg, V6 Sport, with Nav, no upgraded sound system....yet. I was hoping to replace the stock system with something better, but its been tough even finding the correct size speakers I would wind up needing? From what I can gather its a 6.5 inch, with 3 inch depth.

Once I find out the size, what have people had better luck with? Coaxial, or Component? I don't mean to sound so ignorant about the speakers, I just have no idea what is even there.

Any and all advice is appreciated.

Thanks!

· Registered
37 Posts
I have a 2014 Touareg, V6 Sport, with Nav, no upgraded sound system....yet. I was hoping to replace the stock system with something better, but its been tough even finding the correct size speakers I would wind up needing? From what I can gather its a 6.5 inch, with 3 inch depth.

Once I find out the size, what have people had better luck with? Coaxial, or Component? I don't mean to sound so ignorant about the speakers, I just have no idea what is even there.

Thanks!
If you have access to VCDS there is a tweak for the radio that can run all speakers at full capacity to the front and rear and tons of bass. I know you are looking for upgrading speakers but if you try the tweak it won't cost you anything.

Sent from my HUAWEI NXT-AL10 using Tapatalk

· Registered
37 Posts
The dealer would not going to be able to help since they don't know what they are doing. Unfortunately you would not be able to adjust the settings in the radio as well. It requires a VCDS, the current coding of vehicle will need to be changed. Where are you located? Hope someone from the forum with VCDS might be able to help.

Reactions: morpheus7825

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I"m located in Portland Maine. I've been looking around online and I found some place where I can rent a cable, through a few different websites for under 100 bucks, which I figured may be worth it. I looked online and theres a couple of people in my state, but I'm not sure how active they are.

· Registered
37 Posts
Well if you are going to spend 100 bucks for renting a cable, why don't you spend another 100 or so and own it?

· Registered
23 Posts
If you have access to VCDS there is a tweak for the radio that can run all speakers at full capacity to the front and rear and tons of bass. I know you are looking for upgrading speakers but if you try the tweak it won't cost you anything.

please do tell :)

· Registered
37 Posts
Make sure you have the same values as 8b the photo. Once you have adjusted you have to lock the car with ignition Off and wait for 15-30 mins

· Registered
23 Posts
Make sure you have the same values as 8b the photo. Once you have adjusted you have to lock the car with ignition Off and wait for 15-30 mins

This looks like the fix I posted from a Russian forum a few months back.
I have the Dynaudiosystem so i guess this does not apply?
I did not notice any difference when I tried this.
I don't remember if I locked the car. Are you supposed to change the coding back again after waiting the 15mins?

· Registered
37 Posts
This looks like the fix I posted from a Russian forum a few months back.
I have the Dynaudiosystem so i guess this does not apply?
I did not notice any difference when I tried this.
I don't remember if I locked the car. Are you supposed to change the coding back again after waiting the 15mins?
I don't think this will apply for Dynaudio, have never tried. However for cars without Dynaudio after the coding is applied you have to lock the car and leave it for 15-30 mins locked and when you go back to the car you can hear the very noticeable difference.

· Registered
23 Posts

Thanks!
I am just replying so i can have my 15th post to be able to PM.
My situation won't be relevant as I have a T1 gutted everything and replaced with Focal Flax 3 Way components for all 4 doors a Pioneer AVIC 8100and a JL Audio 10" TRW3(?) super thin Sub, and never looked back. The T1s having premium cabin builds and relatively decent speaker locations sound great with aftermarket....and do look in to the super thin Subs from JL or whoever, the sealed boxes are tiny and I never expected the sound I got from the low....I have everything I need in a T1, rear cam, bluetooth, HDMI + tons of options, FLAC play support + Android Auto or Apple CarPlay with lots of other stuff and possibilities....

A T3 to me is a downgrade, except for aesthetics and age of course. I figure I will pick one up on the cheap in the next year or two, once the 2nd wave of the 08 crisis hits....I remember expensive luxury off lease cars being liquidated by banks at Manheim Auctions at 40-60% discounts to previous months MMR in the midst of the panic....those who had the money, smarts and credit loaded up and made a killing....but I doubt it will be a similar "killing" this time, but a price discount for sure.

RANT OFF :)

· Registered
176 Posts
Quite interesting ...
Could you provide some details about this tweak (how to...) and what does it mean "run all speakers at full capacity..." ?

Thanks

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.