Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, New here. The lens on my driver side fog light got smashed with a rock. I have a complete assembly to replace it. Does anyone have a how to video or pdf or anything that shows how to replace a fog light assembly on a 2014? I have searched but can only find for older models that do not have the same configuration, Thanks.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Xeno but I had already seen that one, that only show the replacement part, not the steps to actually replace the assembly. I want to do it myself as my closest dealership is now about 7 hours away. :)

· Registered
346 Posts
So, I need to do this on a 2014 R-line which has the additional from lip spoiler.

I cannot remove the fog lamp lens from the back access hole because it is too small.(yes I need to replace the unit - not just the bulb as the lens's ate rocks) I have removed the black surround trim from the front too but the fog lamp will still not come out as the body kit appears to be in the way...

It appears I may need to remove the underbelly completely with the front lip spoiler. Ahg! Can anyone confirm. Is there a DIY for removing the underbelly plastics? I know there are a lot of fasteners and pop fasteners.

Thanks

· Registered
346 Posts
So, I need to do this on a 2014 R-line which has the additional from lip spoiler.

I cannot remove the fog lamp lens from the back access hole because it is too small.(yes I need to replace the unit - not just the bulb as the lens's ate rocks) I have removed the black surround trim from the front too but the fog lamp will still not come out as the body kit appears to be in the way...

It appears I may need to remove the underbelly completely with the front lip spoiler. Ahg! Can anyone confirm. Is there a DIY for removing the underbelly plastics? I know there are a lot of fasteners and pop fasteners.

Thanks
So I investigated this and bought fog lamps off eBay to install. As it turned out the R-line package on my 2014 made it above my skill level to install. A non R-line might have been possible but the different front trim made it a major PITA. I paid the dealer to install my foglight off eBay and I think the cost ended up being about $240 CAD.

-David

· Registered
58 Posts
I had to replace the right front fog light on my '14. Bought one OEM off eBay - apparently it is the same part number for a golf? ...anyway it was easy. Popped open the bottom cover under the front bumper. I think I removed a few screws in the wheel well to get behind it. the black plastic is pretty tough, don't worry about getting rough with it to get things in and out. It wasn't all that difficult less than 15 min...

· Registered
48 Posts
For anyone searching, thought I’d post my update as I ended up here as I was struggling through this. I had a leaky housing that would always fill with condensation. 2015 R Line. There’s a T25 torx holding the bottom of the black wheel well trim in place, take that off and pop the trim out to the side. Then it’s just clips holding the outer trim around the fog light housing. I tried from the thin side first (closest to front plate) but couldn’t get it. Ended up being easier from the thicker side (closer to the wheel) despite some overlapping clips. Just pop that trim out far enough to access the (4) T25 torx holding on the housing and then you’re good to go. Remember to take your fog light bulb out first though!! Which is accessed from behind, just a quarter turn to get it out.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber

Automotive parking light Vehicle Land vehicle Tire Car

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light

Automotive parking light Tire Grille Vehicle Automotive tire