Club Touareg Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'd appreciate any insight you can provide on the warranty repairs and if it was clear from the start that you were covered under warranty.

I have a 2013 Touareg that my wife took in for its 80K mile service and she was presented with a work order estimate for:
- Replace front crankshaft seal
- replace oil pan gasket

almost $2K in repairs but the dealer did not list them as under warranty.

Also has "Replace power steering pump" recommended at $800+. All were complete surprises and I'm starting to investigate options.

Thanks in advance for any help or insight you can provide.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I'd appreciate any insight you can provide on the warranty repairs and if it was clear from the start that you were covered under warranty.

I have a 2013 Touareg that my wife took in for its 80K mile service and she was presented with a work order estimate for:
- Replace front crankshaft seal
- replace oil pan gasket

almost $2K in repairs but the dealer did not list them as under warranty.

Also has "Replace power steering pump" recommended at $800+. All were complete surprises and I'm starting to investigate options.

Thanks in advance for any help or insight you can provide.
My TDI was a CPO vehicle so it came with extended OEM warranties (up to 120k miles). In my recent experience, the repairs were needed due to incorrect re-assembly performed by an authorized VW dealer. I was forced to open a case with VW care which expedited the authorization to replace failed components (bottom end, turbo, etc).

21 - 35 of 35 Posts