1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
VIN # WVGEP9BP1ED001993
Miles: 80,372
Clean title, NO accidents.

2014 VW Touareg TDI. Black exterior with saddle brown leather interior. Premium rims and tires. Certified pre-owned vehicle. Service records available for oil changes and service completed by VW.

-ENGINE, TRANSMISSION, TORQUE CONVERTER, AND TURBO REPLACED AT 80,325 MILES BY VW.
-New engine has less than 100 miles.
-Tires have less than 5k miles.
-New rotors and brake pads; installed by VW 12/27/2018
-Several extended warranties still applicable and documentation in hand of all repairs performed by VW.

-1 yr, 12k mile warranty on new engine, transmission, turbo
-Certified Pre-Owned warranty: Active: end date 3-22-2020 or 89,580 miles
-TDI Extended Warranty: Active: end date 10-17-2023 or 120,000 miles
-Adblue heater and exhaust gas temp sensory warranty: Active: 10-17-2023 or 120,000 miles

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What happened to require the powertrain be replaced?
Long Story Short:

VW Dealership A "replaced" a rear main seal under warranty.

VW Dealership B diagnoses and repairs damages from incorrectly reassembled drive train (by dealership A). Brand new bottom end was imported to complete repairs.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Absolutely! I'm fairly new to the VW TDI world and from what I understand these type of repairs are far and few between (if any). The Porsche Master Tech (Dealership B) who diagnosed and performed the final repairs said he's never in his career had to replace a TDI bottom end this early. Seems to be a rare case.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nice TDI. What are the specs on the rims? Thanks....
Tire size: 285/35/R22.

These (big) rims came with the Touareg when I purchased it. I also I have spare set of tires that still have good tread life on them. VW mounted and balanced the tires for me a few months ago. Zero steering vibration at any speed!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Still for sale. Lowering price to $26,500. 83,068 miles as of 1/24/2019. Seeing 28mpg on highways with over 650miles to a tank. Will post more pictures later today. Scheduled to get oil change at 85k.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Bump... so that I can get to 5 posts. ;)

·
Registered
113 Posts
Nice looking. Thank me and you'll get to your 5 post minimum.
I talked with the OP. Almost bought it, then I found one locally. Yahoo... I graduated. 5th post.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Still For Sale. Price lowered to $26,000.

84,578 miles (as of 2/11)
First oil change completed after engine replacement (less than 5k on new engine & turbo).

1 - 20 of 35 Posts