Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.

I'm new to the Touareg, and although I've used the VCDS on my Jetta for quire a few years, the Touareg is a little different.
I was wondering if anyone could direct me to where (or what) value drives the SRI reminder being shown in the MFD on the cluster. I understand that my vehicle is telling me that I need to do an oil change in 15k (kms) from my last service, but the reminder is telling me that I need service in 12.6k or so.... I've already found the "fix - days since last inspection" value and overwrote it, and I've done that with the "distance" as well..... I'm now convinced that this reminder is driven by something else, so I'd like to locate the "warning value" to change it from what appears to be 12.7k or so to something more reasonable like 1k...... I do want the reminder and the Exclamation mark, but not this far in advance!

Hopefully someone else has been annoyed by this constant warning when firing up the vehicle to already know where to find it.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Still trying to figure this out. The damn EXCLAMATION MARK in the cluster is driving me nuts. I have overwritten both the milage and day values and know how to change them at will, but I cannot find the warning setting or trigger for this EXCLAMATION MARK. Has no one else been annoyed by this in the past?

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I'm still at this.... I have figured out how to alter all of the milage\time values for the Inspection Service, but I still cannot track down what the trigger is for the Exclamation Mark shown on the instrument cluster, or where\what the threshold for it showing is.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I am on pretty good terms with my VW Service writer and shop foreman who told me on the Touareg only they can reset the Inspection Service, they are pretty good about not BS'ing me so I am just passing on what they have said.

They charge me $100 to reset the Inspection Service to a fresh 40K miles which they tell me includes a full scan of the ECU/TCU/CCM and the report forwarded to VOA. Then they can reset the Inspection Service Indicator for another 40K

I have used the SRI Reset feature in my Ross-Tech software for my B8 A4 but it resets both Inspection and Oil Change reminders to a fresh 10K, before I used my Ross-Tech it was at 40K for Inspection and 10K for oil.

I probably have to go into settings when connected to Audi and change a parameter but haven't bothered at this point.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not sure how all that applies to what I'm asking.
I'm trying to find what the trigger point\threshold is for the reminder notification.
I've already provided visuals showing that I can alter the values on both service and inspection values

In other news, I'm starting to think that once it's "triggered" it does not clear until you actually perform the SRI reset.
I will do some additional testing this weekend most likely as my OCD is really eating away at me with this "!"

·
Registered
600 Posts
So I just cleared my Service Now light today. I posted a separate thread on it.

I think your issues is similar to mine, in that you probably have an actual code set that requires real service.

with VCDS use the AutoScan button to do an aggressive scan and see if any modules have faults. If so take a look at them one by one and save / copy to notepad the errors then reset them. In my case it looks like I have several issues beyond the SRI resest items. One of which is an EGR fault. Another is a bad tire pressure sensor, and a faulty door KESSY sensor. I'm guessing the EGR set the fault code that was not cleared via the SRI reset.

give that a try.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've finally gotten to the bottom of this. I now know how to make the service now go away, override any of the inspection/service values, and get rid of that annoying exclamation mark.....

20190806_190738_1565137538562.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Furthermore, you need to go into adaptation and when you check the ESI Resetting, you will have a "no warning" value.... change that to RESET and apply.

·
Registered
495 Posts
What I dislike is when I get the warning to do the service (oil/filter) ~1,500 miles before it's due. It also says it's in like 10 days. I usually only drive like 20-25 miles a day. So VW's "calculation" is way off. I guess they go by the average miles most people drive each day.

How, when the service reminder shows up on startup, do you get it to go off and stay off? Is it with putting the adaption stored value to reset? What does putting it as reset do...automatically reset? I would have thought a no warning value would keep the warning from even showing up. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What I dislike is when I get the warning to do the service (oil/filter) ~1,500 miles before it's due. It also says it's in like 10 days. I usually only drive like 20-25 miles a day. So VW's "calculation" is way off. I guess they go by the average miles most people drive each day.

How, when the service reminder shows up on startup, do you get it to go off and stay off? Is it with putting the adaption stored value to reset? What does putting it as reset do...automatically reset? I would have thought a no warning value would keep the warning from even showing up. Thanks.

No.... you can change both the days and miles for each one of the service and inspection intervals based on your needs. So for me, this is my 2nd vehicle, and I only use it on weekends. As a result, I set my interval to 365 days because I don't want to keep my oil longer than a year in the event that I don't drive 15k that year.

In your case, if you drive 25miles/day, and your service interval is 10k miles, you'd set it to 10k \ 400 days if you wanted the two markers to align. Depending on your view, you may not want to be on the same oil for that long, so you'd change your days to something else (like in my example).

It's just two separate values. It tells you that you need service in 10k miles (or whatever you set it to) or 400 days, whichever occurs first. If you don't drive your car for 399 days, it will tell you that you need service in 1 day when you get in it.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
And yes, the service reminder has been reset as per my pictures. Both the "service now" and the "!" are now gone.
Reset does not mean DISABLE.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Furthermore, you need to go into adaptation and when you check the ESI Resetting, you will have a "no warning" value.... change that to RESET and apply.
I am dealing with this, could you please go into further detail into the steps to reset the service indicator. I was using the VCDS today to reenable my green menu after a recent firmware update to 0711 and made an attempt based on the photo that you have posted but was not successful. I am missing something. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Not sure what else I could detail. How far did you get or where are you getting stuck?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts