Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

New Touareg owner here and after some advice. 2014 TDI v6 110000kms

My car runs terrible after it has sat for a few hours. Happens every time if i turn it off at work and dont start it again till late in the afternoon.

It runs rough, feels like its missing and shaking. RPM is flucuating on the tacho. if i slowly bring the revs up the rough running continues until i hit about 1000rpm then it instantly runs better. Foot off throttle, revs drop back down and it starts missing again.
I have also put it in drive, foot on the brake and load it up a bit and rough running continues until again 1000rpm and comes good.

If its a dead cold start in the morning or a hot start its fine. Its only ever that warm start when the temp guage isnt showing yet.

I have had it to the VW dealer and also a private VW specalist and they both say no codes, cant help. Any pointers?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Probably not related but has your fuel filter been changed? Any possible air leaks around filter?
How long has it been happening? Bad batch of fuel maybe? Although you would think it would continuously run rough in either of these scenarios....
EGR actuator or other flap sticking?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey thanks for the responses. Never got around to responding. Car is behaving as bad as ever. I have changed the fuel filter and of course used many batches of fuel since. How can I check egr or other things?

·
Registered
92 Posts
I had a similar simptom on mine when I purchased it last August, but not to such extent. Did not have any codes either.
It turned out that the butterfly valve prior the engine runners (I mean the one that is located at the front of the engine right at the middle, not the one on the left) was badly covered in soot. I remover it, cleaned and cleaned as much as I could the intake runners together with the black plastic intake manifold where the egr pipe is connected and it sorted the rough iddle issue.
I hope it helps.

Gabriel

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, I'll take a look this weekend and clean it out. Regarding previous question on how long has it been doing it. Probabaly 8 months, very mild at first and getting worse and worse.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I removed the central swirl flap and it was Chocked with carbon. I cleaned it all up and it's 99.9% fixed. It now idles smooth again. The other day it hunted the small amount at idle again. I'd say there's More carbon in the intake manifold. I won't worry about removing that unless it gets worse again. Thanks for your help!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts