Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Glad to be a part of this group. I bought a 2014 TDI Executive for my wife and my 15th anniversary and everything has gone well. I opted to have the emission fix and keep it because I travel a lot and I have a Doberman and Great Dane that I take with me everywhere.

I just used this forum to help me with installing new rotors and pads on all four corners as she just turned 82k miles and they were half way through the sensors on the front. The rears were still over half left!

Other than that, I've done my own oil and fuel filter changes and there has been zero repair issues.

I am a bit nervous that she is coming up on 90k miles and given some of the reliability nightmare stories I have seen (maybe the older gens though?) was wondering what y'all think is a good approach. Either keep it and live happily ever after (however long that is) or go ahead and trade it while the getting is good.

VW dropped the Treg in the US this year unfortunately so I'm at a loss as to what I would even switch to. The Audi Q5 maybe?

Thoughts from owners regarding reliability of the 2014 TDI and recommendations most appreciated!

Bob Cook
Houston, TX

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Wife is going on 3 years this past 03/2018 with her 2015 TDI and we are planning on taking the truck the distance as she has had it since day 1 and it works so perfectly and does everything asked of it so, so well.

I have a 2016 Cayenne Diesel that I got from the auto lottery and the VW buyback of my 2012 TDI. I am also going the distance with it as I like it more than both the 2012 Touareg and the wifes 2015 TDI.

I will be happy to pay for things down the road but expect, just like the guy on here with the 2011 TDI that just rolled 225,000 on his truck. Another 10 more years, easy with what we have, is what I'm forecasting. I love our diesels.

I think all the time about a new F 150 with the diesel 3.0L, all loaded out, but I don't need a pickup truck at all.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts