Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Water has started leaking down the rearmost driver's side window into the trunk. I had no problems last summer or this winter - it just started. Upon closer inspection of the outside of the pano-roof, there is a small triangle of rubber sticking out around the roof panel in the same corner. It doesn't just pull out - it feels like it is connected underneath. So I don't want to just yank it out.

I'm thinking the roof drain is probably plugged so I'll try to clean that out, but that rubber piece is weird.

Attachments

·
Registered
822 Posts
Well I hope this isn't an issue with the gasket. I have not heard of many leaking pano roof in touaregs,but there is always a chance. I see you are in Winnepeg Which means you have severe winters a freezing temps, maybe a clogged drain burst this winter and wasn't noticed till the weather warmed up. My cars are in sunny Florida ,but we get tons of heavy rain with no leaks so far. My 2012 was fine when I turned it in at 6yrs old.

Let us know what you find out. BTW this issue is rampant in the Sportwagons.

·
Registered
240 Posts
a few years ago my rear leak turned out to be the foam "seal" below the tailgate supports. Leak also traveled to rear seat floor.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There's no "cap" on the end of the drain like on the old tregs. I removed the panel on the rear-most pillar, reached up and found the drain tube disconnected at the pano roof frame. Pushed it back on and tested by pouring water in the frame. All is good now. Only one screw and the panel popped right off.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi,

Yes, i found out the problem and it's exactly what you said, the drain hose was out, i attached a pic for other guys...thank you. On my case i had to attached 2 rubber hoses together, was to loose, but in the end came out great.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts