Club Touareg Forum banner

121 - 125 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
2011 and newer V6 TDIs do not have a dipstick. If you use the dipstick from a 2010 on a newer V6 TDI it will not be calibrated correctly, especially on 13/14 models.

Don't know about gasser, sorry.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
OK, I took some time today to look at the engine bay to see if there's a dipstick. I found the tube for where the dipstick would be located if it had one to be plugged. I'll check with the dealer to see if there's a part for it.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi I am the owner of a TDI V6 204HP 2012, the designation of my engine is the CJMA and was unable to find the dipstick, correct for my engine (the measure of the dipstick is accurate to the measure that indicates the screen).
The Audi Q7 has the same engines as the Touareg and Audi continue carrying off the dipstick. In my particular model is the 059 115 611 AM,
to find the correct rod for your engine you can use etka this link:

IFI :: БеÑ�платные Ñ�ервиÑ�Ñ‹CarProg2 click on and find your engine in the Q7 and compare the crankcase and the oil pipe correspond in the Q7 and Touareg, once the proper dipstick reference you can ask the seller any localized group VAG (Volkswagen , Audi, etc. ..), the price is about 10 €.
Greetings.
PS: I'm sorry my English is translated with google.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I decided to order a dipstick for my 2012 last week while in for my 1 year service. It cost $ 20 and change and arrived in a day.

I don't know what all the fuss is about installing it. You simply open the hood ..or bonnet, for you tooby....pull on the little nipple at the top of the long tube angled up from center to right side at the front of the engine...then insert the stick. For those without imagination, that would be as one faced the engine compartment from the front of the vehicle.

So.
I will say that I feel much better having that mechanical connection to the lifeblood measurement of my engine.
For what it's worth, my dash reading is full and my dipstick reads full at the top of the cross hatching. Just thought I'd record this for any folks that are confused by all of the misinformation posted here.
The 2009-10 dipsticks(handle) will not seat properly in the factory DS tube. I ORDERED a complete ds assembly from VW for a 2009-10 and I am changing out the complete assembly.

·
Registered
345 Posts
On a 2013 treg (tdi), you can install the dipstick but the engine cover will hide it. The engine cover will snap back down on the 4 balls with the dipstick in place. I am thinking about using a hole saw on the engine cover to have an opening to access the dip stick or, you could just remove the cover and check
How about a 16? Are they the same as a 13?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

121 - 125 of 125 Posts