Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to create my own post, share my experiences instead of adding another post to the lengthy and confusing to read "just another lifted T3" thread.

I used the Eurowise 3" kit, which is a 3" lift on the shock/strut spacers, and a 1" subframe drop. In addition to that, I bought the "air spring conversion kit", because 799 is pretty good for brand new springs and shocks/struts.

Had it installed, aligned. One rear wheel is out of caster, everything is in or fractionally close. It drives fine. Feels tight, thanks to new shocks/springs.

20211110_144342 by Ron Wroblewski, on Flickr

Bought these nicely refinished Ayers Rock wheels, had 32.5" (265/60/20) General Grabber A/T tires mounted up,

20211126_152413 by Ron Wroblewski, on Flickr

And quickly discovered that I will def need the intercooler relocation kit. In the long thread, there seemed to be gray area about tire size vs lift and whether or not you'll rub, etc.. So, I'm here to tell you, with the 3" lift, 20x9 et60 wheels, and 32.5" - 265/60/20 tires, you will definitely need the I/C relocation kit, if you have the TDI.

Luckily, it's quite easy to install.

20211209_125124 by Ron Wroblewski, on Flickr

20211210_152931 by Ron Wroblewski, on Flickr

After the full install was done, the one thing I definitely do not care for is the exhaust tip gap, since the exhaust runs under the rear subframe, that kit includes 1" spacers to adjust the exhaust down as well so it clears.. Kinda bugs me, but not enough to do anything about, at the moment.

20211124_133713 by Ron Wroblewski, on Flickr

But it drives good, looks more like a SUV rather than just a tall car now.

20211128_234324 by Ron Wroblewski, on Flickr

20211221_151456 by Ron Wroblewski, on Flickr

·
Registered
2011 VR6 FSI LUX
1,716 Posts
I always thought the T3's were too classy for a lift with A/T tires but I have to admit that Treg looks pretty damn tough now.
Just my 2¢ and I've done this to mine. To have the suitcase muffler "blend" into the bottom of the vehicle better I used Rust-Oleum high heat flat black spray paint and coated it all the way around.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Looks good. You don't get over on this side very frequently.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I always thought the T3's were too classy for a lift with A/T tires but I have to admit that Treg looks pretty damn tough now.
Just my 2¢ and I've done this to mine. To have the suitcase muffler "blend" into the bottom of the vehicle better I used Rust-Oleum high heat flat black spray paint and coated it all the way around.
I would love to see pictures of your painted muffler. I kindof thought about doing this. Thanks.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
To have the suitcase muffler "blend" into the bottom of the vehicle better I used Rust-Oleum high heat flat black spray paint and coated it all the way around.
Yeah, def gonna do this when I get a little time. Or pay a shop to just delete it 🤟

Looks good. You don't get over on this side very frequently.
Whatcha mean?

·
Registered
2011 VR6 FSI LUX
1,716 Posts
I would love to see pictures of your painted muffler. I kindof thought about doing this. Thanks.
Here is a pic of my Treg from the back. It's hard to even see the suitcase due to it being painted.
Automotive tail & brake light Car Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Automotive lighting

I tried to lighten the picture so maybe it's more noticeable.

Automotive tail & brake light Car Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Yeah, def gonna do this when I get a little time. Or pay a shop to just delete it 🤟

Whatcha mean?
You're usually too busy on the 'other site' to come around these parts :D

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You're usually too busy on the 'other site' to come around these parts :D

Eh, vortex and Audizine are much busier... Well, vortex is. This place is pretty dead, but I still swing through, especially the classifieds.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Eh, vortex and Audizine are much busier... Well, vortex is. This place is pretty dead, but I still swing through, especially the classifieds.
Still not the site I'm referencing 🤐

1 - 12 of 12 Posts