Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I contacted the local VW dealer regarding a used 2013 Touareg TDI they have in stock. They responded that the vehicle is considered part of the stop-sale at the moment and therefore cannot be sold as part of their Certified Pre-Owned program. However they assure me that it has undergone the same rigorous inspections that go into all of their Certified Pre-Owned vehicles. Assuming they are telling the truth and the vehicle is in excellent shape is there anything I should be aware of when trying to negotiate the purchase of a "stop-sale" vehicle? Are dealers willing or able to provide an extended warranty? From what I have read VW sales are down and I would hope to be able to work this to my advantage.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Offer them $10,000 less than they ask for . . . and five years of warranty.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
The Touareg is a rare car...I still get the "it's a VW??" from folks...then there is the Hybrid version...I know nothing about it...but you might try posting in the hybrid only thread...located here:

http://www.clubtouareg.com/forums/f49/hybrid-only-79221-58.html

I think posting in the above thread should notify anyone who knows anything about Hybrid Touaregs and you might get better feedback.

Good luck and welcome to CT!
?? Did you mean to post in this thread?

http://www.clubtouareg.com/forums/f...-hybdrid-w-replaced-engine-needed-231585.html

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Well you weren't going to pay them what they asked for . . . were you?

So work on the basis if you don't ask, you don't get, and play hard ball.

Of course dealers can do warranties!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was thinking of telling them to pay the approx $8k of negative equity on my trade + warranty.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
2013 Touareg 3.0 TDI Highline with nav and panoramic roof. 70,000 km/$40K Cdn. New are $70K+.

·
Premium Member
10,219 Posts
I doubt you'll get them off the 40k price. That's already factoring in the tdi hit. Comparable cayenne is still hovering in the mid 60s...

You can always try. Worst they can say is no. But 40 for that vehicle is the right price under current conditions. I know I wouldn't take a dime less for mine.

FYI VW sales don't correlate to Touareg sales in any way...different market, different buyer

Stop sale is meaningless. It only applies to VW dealers who can't sell new or cpo tdis. VW can control because they are the ones who provide the financing and warranty on cpo vehicles. Otherwise nobody is stopping anyone from selling a tdi.

·
Registered
65 Posts
These are the prices I am seeing here in Quebec. There is one 2013 Highline TDI with 42 000km that is selling for 40k in my city but its not in a VW dealer.

I would be greatly tempted to trade mine for it if it were not Black/Black, worst combo for my tastes..

Sometimes I am tempted to get a 2014 R-Line Exec with 80 000+ km get a tune/dpf/blue delete and call it quits but its more an idea than serious.

I am really curious to see how the market for touaregs will evolves in the next months. Also wondering how long they will continue with this model, maybe new one in 2018 ?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I bought mine used from a VW lot. Take your time and look for a couple that have been on the lot for a while (check autotrader). I can assure you that you will get a 2013 TDi for about 60-70kms on it for south of $40k.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Is this Touareg from a dealership in the GTA? Are you from Ontario or another province?
The vehicle is for sale at a VW dealer in the GTA. I am in Ontario.

Has anyone here purchased a used VW TDI from a VW dealer while the "no sale" order is in place? If so what assurances did the dealer provide?

·
Registered
207 Posts
The vehicle is for sale at a VW dealer in the GTA. I am in Ontario.

Has anyone here purchased a used VW TDI from a VW dealer while the "no sale" order is in place? If so what assurances did the dealer provide?
When the emissions scandal was first leaked, VW haulted sales, meaning one could not purchase a Tdi until further notice. I am not sure if the hault in sales of Tdis is still in effect, but if the hault is lifted, then warranty must be applied to the vehicle. The dealer cannot sell a brand new Tdi and take away warranty. I would contact VW headquarters to find the actual answer. As far as I know, Tdis can now be purchased because they are advertised on trader. In fact, one of my friends purchased an "R" line Touareg Tdi.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
When the emissions scandal was first leaked, VW haulted sales, meaning one could not purchase a Tdi until further notice. I am not sure if the hault in sales of Tdis is still in effect, but if the hault is lifted, then warranty must be applied to the vehicle. The dealer cannot sell a brand new Tdi and take away warranty. I would contact VW headquarters to find the actual answer. As far as I know, Tdis can now be purchased because they are advertised on trader. In fact, one of my friends purchased an "R" line Touareg Tdi.
The vehicle I am considering is used. The dealer stated that they can sell the vehicle "with a few stipulations, such as making you aware that this vehicle is considered part of the stop-sale at this moment in time so they are unable to sell it as part of our Certified Pre-Owned program". I have to go in and speak with the sales manager to get more clarification.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I would then make sure that they clarify if all warranty is null and void or just the CPO. In my opinion, I would not purchase a Tdi Touareg that lacks warranty. There are too many possibilities for issues that will cost you quite a bit to fix out of pocket.

I may have missed this, however, what is the mileage on the Touareg that you are looking to purchase?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Before I bought my 2012 v6 , the dealer had a 13' TDI For Sale as Well. I asked them about the "sale hold". they said they can't sell it as a CPO, so you cant buy the CPO extended Warranty, but you can still buy a non CPO extended warranty (more money I think). just a bit confusing'. All factory warranties still apply according to the dealer.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Before I bought my 2012 v6 , the dealer had a 13' TDI For Sale as Well. I asked them about the "sale hold". they said they can't sell it as a CPO, so you cant buy the CPO extended Warranty, but you can still buy a non CPO extended warranty (more money I think). just a bit confusing'. All factory warranties still apply according to the dealer.
Wonder if they can retroactively apply CPO after the Stop-Sale is lifted.

·
Registered
207 Posts
So, CPO warranty is null and void, however, you can purchase a third party warranty? Like you said, confusing. I would contact VW Canada to clarify this. I have read many horror stories online from people who purchased third party warranties only to have certain repairs "not covered" because of the "grey area" wording.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts