Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was hit earlier this month and learned the vehicle is totaled. It's a TDI Lux with 19K miles that I was planning on driving for a LONG time.

All involved in the accident were safe and the TREG preformed like a champ. It was a hit and run and I'm still waiting for info on police report.

With the TDI emissions finding coming out tomorrow I am holding off on processing a claim with insurance until I can see what the outcome is.

Needless to say I'm in need of another vehicle and thinking of maybe upping to an Audi. The folks at VW and Audi are unable to provide any update on the process as of yet.

I'm curious to see what tomorrow may bring and am open to input for forum members.

Insurance estimates of appraised value are approx 38K$.
TIA

·
Registered
15 Posts
We were in the same boat a few weeks ago. We had the car for three weeks. Insurance made us whole and I found another with lower miles and a higher trim package (although it took a road trip from Denver!). My girlfriend hit an oncoming vehicle basically head on (the lady blindly turned left into her lane from the opposit direction, all her fault) at about 55 mph. NOTHING in the interior moved except the airbag deployment and broken steering column. The Touareg saved her life or at least from major injury so we knew we wanted another and worked hard to find one. Sounds like you should be able to get into a low mileage one pretty easily with that amount of cash from insurance. Best advice I received was dont take insurance companies first offer. I refused it and they came back $4000 higher.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.