Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the upgraded head-unit in my Touareg lux with the nav and I started to have an issues where only the passenger door speaker will play music on it. I noticed the radio is cutting in and out, the Bluetooth and iPod all are doing the same thing where only one speaker will work. I’ve rebooted the headunit by holding down multiple buttons and the problem was still there. Looking for help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyone have a solution to this problem? I can’t get the head unit to play in stereo at all even after a factory reset of all settings and rebooting it several times.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This may sound stupid but did you check the balance + fader controls to make sure it's not set to one speaker?

Yep everything is in the middle, Ive tried tweaking it and could only get the passenger front speaker to work.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So made a phone with the Touareg and all the speakers work in that mode.... what gives

·
Registered
484 Posts
I tried finding out online if the RNS850's use a separate audio amplifier or if it's built in. So far nothing.
The reason is that earlier year Tregs had an amplifier mounted in the back of the vehicle. Some who had audio issues had success in getting it back by either disconnecting the plugs to the amp and then reconnecting them, or pulling the fuse for the amp and reinstalling it to reset the amp.
The only odd thing is that you said your telephone sounds through all 4 speakers.

Maybe someone with more knowledge of the basic RNS850 audio system will be able to chime in and help.

·
Learner
4,702 Posts
Let me know what you seek re the setup.
For dynaudio the amp is separate, housed in the rear left section of the boot

·
Learner
4,702 Posts
You need to set it up using vcds, certain it will be the central control module and then maybe the nav as well

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I’m gonna try disconnecting the battery this week and see if that helps

·
Registered
488 Posts
The RNS850 consists of the display in the dash, the main processing unit in the glovebox, the radio amplifier behind the right trunk trim panel, and the amplifier behind the right trunk trim panel. If you have a CD changer or TV unit theres additional modules behind the right trunk trim panel as well. They are all networked and communicate together over a fibre-optic (MOST) system.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The RNS850 consists of the display in the dash, the main processing unit in the glovebox, the radio amplifier behind the right trunk trim panel, and the amplifier behind the right trunk trim panel. If you have a CD changer or TV unit theres additional modules behind the right trunk trim panel as well. They are all networked and communicate together over a fibre-optic (MOST) system.

Thanks for the info! Very interesting

·
Registered
484 Posts
So if all the RNS850's have an amplifier for sound mounted behind the right trunk trim panel and the OP might have a problem with it, or the radio amp... wouldn't there be a fuse for them in the fuse box that he could pull and reinstall to reset the amp(s) rather than disconnecting his battery?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Hopefully this is the correct box I needed to take out located on the passenger side truck

·
Registered
488 Posts
That’s the radio tuner. I was wrong before, the amp is behind the left trim panel. Must’ve been thinking of the precious gen.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That’s the radio tuner. I was wrong before, the amp is behind the left trim panel. Must’ve been thinking of the precious gen.

I had the driver side panel removed and didn’t see it unless it’s towards the back of the seat.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Removed battery turned on the headunits with the battery disconnected and other lights and waited 5 mins plugged it back in.... same issue

1 - 20 of 42 Posts