Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I had a factory-fitted OEM VW tow bar and wiring harness fitted pre-delivery in 2013
Everything was going along great until some wiring short-circuited on my trailer and since then I have had no output from my trailer plug electrics
I spoke with the accessory fitter at VW and also tested every fuse under the fuse panel on the driver's side of the dashboard proving no fuses are blown
Removing the rear side panel revealed the control module which matched what I found on Google pictures.
The part number for my module is 7P0 907 383 F (so I know I have the right module) of which the spare parts man at VW didn't recognize as it is not sold individually apparently, only as a kit (7P0 055 202 )
Question 1 Before I go out and buy a replacement wiring harness and module kit (7P0 055 202) does anyone know how to test to confirm that the module has blown up.
Question 2 can anyone advise on where to purchase the OEM part 7P0 055 202 (complete kit) or the individual module Part No 7P0 907 383 F from

Cheers Warren

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Does VCDS recognize\communicate with the module? Are there no output tests or similar that you can run on it with VCDS?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The kit will cost $700 the VCDS software will cost around $400

Thanks, ill scope out my service technician to see if they can run a test on the module most likely he will have that software

1 - 3 of 3 Posts