Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried a aftermarket fog light? My driver side is cracked should I pay for $150s from ECS or should I do an aftermarket on eBay for $25

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
92 Posts
Just purchased a used tdi and the drivers side fog is broken. Looked at 3 others and all of theirs was broken. Did you just buy a buyback tdi?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Just changed mine out, went the cheap route as condition of the factory was about the same as the Chinese ones. If they break in 6 months I’ll order the original.

Took 10 minutes to replace both... used a plastic panel wedge and a torx...

Start at the center of the car at fog surround seam and work out. Hotter plastic helps. I let mine sit in the sun. There is probably 10 clips that hold it in place...

To reinstall again start at center of the car and work towards the wheel.. once all clips are in place slide it back into place while aligning near wheel well arch..

I’m no mechanic and found this easy.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just changed mine out, went the cheap route as condition of the factory was about the same as the Chinese ones. If they break in 6 months I’ll order the original.

Took 10 minutes to replace both... used a plastic panel wedge and a torx...

Start at the center of the car at fog surround seam and work out. Hotter plastic helps. I let mine sit in the sun. There is probably 10 clips that hold it in place...

To reinstall again start at center of the car and work towards the wheel.. once all clips are in place slide it back into place while aligning near wheel well arch..

I’m no mechanic and found this easy.
Thanks for making this post. I just bought a new fog light on eBay for $20s and looks like it’s oem.

I’m gonna try to pull off my center trim this weekend little scared since it’s painted

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just changed my fog lights out only took 5 mins each side very simple job only one torques like a t25 that needs to come out you can tell the $20 eBay fog lights different but the fitment was on point I’ll try them out tonight.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Performance update, Andrew? Do they work ok?

Another thought-- anyone get LED foglights as a replacement?

(Wondering why all of us have driver-side foglamps broken!)

-Ridwan

Just changed my fog lights out only took 5 mins each side very simple job only one torques like a t25 that needs to come out you can tell the $20 eBay fog lights different but the fitment was on point I’ll try them out tonight.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Performance update, Andrew? Do they work ok?

Another thought-- anyone get LED foglights as a replacement?

(Wondering why all of us have driver-side foglamps broken!)

-Ridwan

They seem to work fine they definitely do the job I used the bulbs that came with them which are extremely yellow and not very bright I would recommend grabbing some new bulbs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts