Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading posts on here from 2004 about remote starters and they said it couldn't be done. Well, its 2018, my Treg is a 2012 and I was wondering if things have changed? Anyone???

·
Registered
996 Posts
Can be done, but most (or all?) installations will require a key to be hidden in the car somewhere. I don't know how this would affect KESSY and some other functionality though.

·
Registered
33 Posts
The struggle is real with idatalink and the touareg. Installers are struggling to adjust to idatalink new products for THIS year. idatalink changed the products. NOW you need to buy the module and harness A LA Carte. Previously the module and harness (not for touareg) came together... So why pay more for a remote start when you dont need the harness that comes with it.... so now the installer buys the module and harness seperate for the install.. Good luck.. I had to deal with some installers that said they could not get the products for the Touareg... I think because they wanted to sell me a key FOB to make more $ that they would loose with this new product as you DO NOT have to put a key in a box.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts