Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are selling our 2012 Touareg TDI Lux, we are the second owners and the vehicle has 51,322 miles on it. We purchased it with approx 30,000 miles and it has been an exceptional vehicle for us. No known accidents, dealer has maintained vehicle since we purchased, had fuel, air, and cabin filters replaced at 40,000 miles. Only issue we have experienced was slow performance with the Radio, was corrected with a software update. We purchased the VW Drive Easy Platinum warranty that went effective at 34,999 miles. The coverage covers nearly every part of the vehicle until 106,999 miles or August 2020, whichever comes first. We haven't needed to use the warranty for any repairs yet, so the current prorated value is ~$2,000. The Touareg is currently riding on 18" Porsche Cayenne wheels with Goodyear Assurance TripleTread tires. The tires were put on almost 20,000 miles ago and still have ~10/32" of tread life yet. They are wearing MUCH better than the original 19" tires were. Also included are the original 19" Everest wheels that are in great shape overall but they do not currently have tires installed. The body is in great shape, only issues are 2 small door dings on the drivers side, one small touchup on the passenger rear door, and an imperfection in the paint on the driver fender. The imperfection appears to be from bird droppings being left unattended by the previous owner, it is about the size of a half dollar and is noticeable when viewing at an angle. I am fairly meticulous about the vehicle condition, so I don't want any surprises for a potential buyer. Interior is in immaculate condition, has weather tech mats that were installed when vehicle was new as the front carpet still has the manufacturer plastic on it. I rate the vehicle between good and very good condition, keeping the blemishes described above in mind. This puts private part value right at $31,000, and considering the extra set of wheels and VW DriveEasy warranty I am looking for $33,750. Located in Oklahoma City and vehicle was originally purchased here as well.

Paint touchup on passenger rear door:

Door Ding on driver front fender:

Door Ding on driver side rear door:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks! I hate to say it but it actually was purchased by a dealer in town. They found the ad online and made me an offer that was too good to refuse. First time I have ever had a dealership contact me about a vehicle that I had listed and actually offer me good money for it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts