Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
In December I bought a 2012 Touareg TDI Lux. They said the radio doesn’t work and that it was a $300 fix at VW due to the battery being jumped after sitting in Texas for a year. I took it to VW and had it scanned and had no luck with it. The buttons on the radio and the touchscreen works, steering wheel buttons all work, it recognizes radio stations and even links up to my phone but no sound at all. When cranking either the volume button on the radio or the volume button on the steering wheel the volume will pop up on the screen but it is locked at 50% volume. We tried resetting the screen, changing settings, factory resetting it. The bass and treble button stays at 0, you can slide them to any position and try to save it but it will not save to a higher number and keeps resetting to 0. The 4 way speaker control drags but stays locked to the front left drivers side. We tested fuses and checked wires there and all were good. Checked every fuse on both the driver and passenger side and all were fine. The radio will recognize when you unplug the amp in the back and tried to reset the radio multiple times and had no luck. The backup camera also does not work and never has since I bought it. Months ago the battery kept draining so I had to buy a $600 alternator, take out the old 600 amp battery and put in a brand new 900 amp battery instead which solved those problems. We’ve tried so many things and are stumped. My dad is thinking because of all these symptoms that maybe it needs a new Touch screen control unit in the dash possibly. Has anyone had this problem or figured out a solution?

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
would factory reset be the same as firmware upgrade ?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts